Pirate 4x4 banner

Divorced 205 Install

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  chevy_phil 
#1 ·
I thought I post my install for a reference for those who are thinking or doing a divorced t-case install.

These are the ideas that I have had in the past. I thought I would post them up for those needing ideas.

Next is the issue for shifting your divorced t-case. Here is one idea and my idea is a lot cheaper. Don't have a pic yet, but will post it up after i build it.

See less See more
#2 ·
Now for the build. Here is what I am starting with a NP205 Divorced T-Case out of a Dodge Truck.

Made some progress Yesterday. Everything is cut out and finished the mock up. I drilled holes and mounted the t-case crossmember mounts. Hope to finish by next weekend.

#3 · (Edited)
The only issue I see is how low it is, when I mounted mine I did plates and tubes to those plates that did not increase the distance between the top of the t case and your floor.

Have the nice flat surface of your 205 hang up on a surface under throttle and your whole truck come to a stop, .25" inch tabs turn to jelly.. the fun part is your jack shaft blowing off the back half of your trans.

If I were you I would hack the floor and raise it, its not like with a divorced case your front driveline is going to cause you too much grief if you do so.

I dunno, just speaking out loud but good luck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.