Pirate 4x4 banner

gotpropane.com Vs. this cheaper ebay pane kit

4K views 18 replies 10 participants last post by  Propane 
#1 ·
ok iam done with this qjet crap, predators are expensive and i hear just as much good as i do bad on them, so to hell with it all. iam going propane and feed this motor some good octane... gotpropane.com kit is 975.00 this ebay company (nashfuel) is selling there's a lil bit cheaper. http://www.ebay.com/itm/CHEVY-350-V...Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item29f8ae790e. but it has no base plate or tank brackets. ill have to spend $50 to $100 on a crap holley carb to rob the base plate and then $50 to $75 on tank brackets. i know good tech help is worth its weight in gold. i have 0 propane knowledge and i know buying used would save some coin but if i would hate to have issues and no help to trouble shoot/tune. what would you guys do......

#3 · (Edited)
Buy from Cary. Everything I hear about him and his products from friends, are compliments. His kit is ready to bolt on and go. If you have any problems he will do anything he can to help you. If you decide to piece one together or buy used, research like crazy.

Edit: TBI is also a good choice. A tank of propane wont last too long with a heavy right foot

#6 ·
its not getting me there worth a crap, runs fat all the time bad shitty down hill hates low side rpm, and the only great q-jet tuner around this area died.. and it will be a while before i get to go efi. no time in the next year+ iam looking at 3k min with out any surprises. the truck has only been done a few months so iam all but spent out. i understand ill loose a lil with reselling it but thats understood. so for now pane is the name of the game. believe me i wish i would have sold this motor from the get go and did the 6.0 but whats life with out lessons learned... thanks guys

#9 ·
Nash fuel helped me out setting up our 20 K generator that powers our events - granted Nash is a marketing partner of ours - call Bill at Nash - I can't believe there could be anyone in the propane business that knows more than Bill

#10 ·
I would buy from Gotpropane.com...

he has support, and is a member here. Not trying to bash anyone else, but having an investment is a great thing, when you have someone willing to back up your equipment to ensure they remain in a positive light.

of course, if youre not smart enough to hook it up or make it work, thats not his fault.

#12 ·
iam shur i can hook it up, i was just looking tuning help if it came to problems like that, the motor isnt making huge power, idk what power its making. i have had way way better but it does well. i have been looking at trading the Victor jr. for a air gap and changing the cam out for something that comes in around 2000 rpm. but i ran this motor with a holley dp all backed my a muncie with 373 gears it seemed to have some low mid power then, but it was a light car. i really feel like my problems are the q-jet. as far as the type of wheeling i do? well anything us east coast guys have hills, ruts, ravines, rocks, and a bypass around the monster mud holes lol

#16 ·
Why not look into a holley truck avenger carb? You can buy re-manned units pretty cheap, and I have had 3 and loved all 3 of them. Since it is a temporary solution until you do your EFI swap, and they are pretty easy to get your money back on the reman'd ones when it comes time to get rid of it.

#17 ·
Glad you asked. Our parts are not the same as nashlift. I use silicone diaphrams and include brand new throttle plates manufactured by holley specifically for propane. They are not drilled out for the vacuum and fuel passages that a gasoline carb has. Re-using a holley carb base has you jb welding shut all the unused passages then sanding it flat afterwards. Not done right it causes vacuum leaks and the possibility of the motor ingesting a chunk of jb weld. We also include tank mounting brackets, electric lockoff with fuel filter, pre-assembled mixer with all gaskets, screws, fittings,ready to bolt on like a carb. Apples to apples, it would cost more than $100 more from them than mine if you purchased the rest of the parts and you still don't have silicone diaphrams. It just looks cheaper until you add up all the missing pieces. :beer::usa:

#18 ·
i love to rev the hell out of my stuff, but in this case ill let the msd keep the rpms down so when parts fly they dont fly so far lol. gotpane says supports 420hp i feel good that it will do me fine. honestly i have enough stuff to build a great motor, things i cant seem to part with. manley h beams weisco pistons and all balanced to a steel crank. so a nice hyd roller motor would come cheap and faster than a much wanted vortec swap..

propane iam glad you chimed in, i ment to pm you with questions on the comparison, but i wasnt going to as you on the end of year sale thread, didnt seem respectful i guess. but i had no clue about sealing off all of the vac passage ports nor did i know you bought new holley plates, and i didnt realize the nash kit did not have electric lock out solenoid.

thanks for every ones input on this, thanks guys

#19 ·
Just wanted to drop back in and say thank you to all of my great customers. We are still going strong and love doing these kits for you all. Let me know if you have any questions.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.