Pirate 4x4 banner

Dana 60 front SRW/DRW differences

15K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  91extsas 
#1 ·
Howdy Folks -

Curious what the key differences are between a dana 60 front that originates from a SRW and a DRW chevy 73-87. My M1009 is my premise of searching for a D60 for the front.

A local 87 k30 4x4 DRW dump bed showed up for sale. Got me all excited, then I hesitate at the sight of the DRW axle. Uncertain if this is somehow not compatible, or less desirable for a D60 front swap.

Shared knowledge is appreciate!

Cheers

#2 ·
read the axle thread at the top. has all the info you should need. also searching here will heed you your answer.

#5 ·
The hubs - Are you referring to the studded/splined rotor hubs that the discs fasten to?

Or are you referring to the manual locking hubs?

Brake system stays unchanged?

Thanks guys. Yeah I got a bit anxious and didn't attempt to search before posting. Tsk tsk, yes I know. When I have time later I will def. be cruising the D60 bible.

Thanks!

#7 · (Edited)
laying in bed next to my girlfriend i read this to her as i get to the drw dump bed part i said now what do you think the difference is between a srw and a drw.. guess what she figured it out.. and the only thing i told her was a dana 60 is an axle... well to the op i guess my gf is more capable of building trucks than you... all you need is a little common sense

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.