Pirate 4x4 banner

1 ton Dually!

3K views 24 replies 14 participants last post by  fatboyf150 
#1 ·
My future wheeler! Don't know much about the truck other than it has a small block, th400 and an overdrive, and a 70.

See less See more
#6 ·
okay so you have a 2wd long bed dually that you know very little about???

so whats the plans you gonna make it a dually prerunner or what??? 52s,63?? 4 link???
give us some info.. d60 front ???

what are you building if for???
some info would sweet

#9 ·
because we need to be forewarned about his upcoming butchery?

Hell, I have a dana 70 front end waiting to go into a dually along with a 4l80e/np205, but i dont have a build thread on it.....

not that i would post one..

#12 ·
Yeah i figuered i would get flamed on a bit for so little info on everything! Well here is my plan as of now, i'm sure it will change a bit as they always do! This is gonna be my wheeler and i'm keeping it dually. I want to put a Dana 70 in the front. I have a th400 205t/c to put in it and then put 63's in the back for springs. I haven't decided yet on front suspension but probably leafs. Boatsided is on the top of my list just cause i have always wanted to do that and i just got a new lincoln welder to make it easier to do. Its starting out with a smallblock for now. As for tires i want to run 38.5 by 11.00 boggers. Time and money is all it takes...well and some beer!

#15 · (Edited)
You're keeping it Dually, but you're gonna boatside it:shaking: I'd say if you have enough room to drag a dually axle thru, then you really don't have much to worry about at the rockers.

Yeah, I'm gonna be following this spectacular build.

#13 ·
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DON'T TAKE THIS TRUCK TO BIG GHEY TRUCK LAND! if your gonna do that just take it out back and shoot it, give it a honerable way out. with your description of future plans it could go one way or another.

#16 ·
working on it. got some plans to move some seating to the bed and make a pass through. got to get the details worked out then it's under the knife again.

#22 ·
if it is a gear vendor, its worth having. they are a reasonably durable unit, electrically actuated, and they work reasonably well. like anything, they have their limits. towing huge weight with them (above 15k) would probably not be recommended.

#23 ·
ugh....

when are people going to learn to start a thread AFTER their build has already started. I know everyones excited about their new purchase and plans...but in a night everything can change with a little research and preplanning, hell an hour on this forum and I get new ideas. Did you even buy this truck yet? It sounded like you havent even purchased the vehicle. Its better to hit the ground running and already have some work accomplished than throwing it on the board with no information.

If you do own the truck now..... I would spend a vast amount of time looking over the truck and researching every little thing you plan on doing. Boat sides are cool.....I do like the look....but ive noticed more and more builds starting with this cosmetic aspect before even approaching suspension, axle, tire, ect mods.... People approach these mods when it becomes necessary when wheeling. In this case.. to wheel this thing... you need to worry about the comsmetic bs later..and really get down on making it wheelable. You might even come to the conclusion that boat sides on a dually is possibly conterproductive....

With that said, build some trail worthy suspension and make this thing 4 wheel drive... See if you even like the truck as a wheeler before you cut and hack the poor thing up and it ends up sittting you in your driveway the next 3 years....

good luck man.

#24 ·
arbs i fully agree with what you said. Yes i do own it and will be getting it home this weekend, i did jump the gun on my post but i was just stoked about getn a 1ton. Myfirst order of business will be to get it running good. I have a 10bolt frontend i can put under it with 56" springs for now. As for the cosmetics, well it's a fairly cheap mod to do, just a lil money and more time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.