Pirate 4x4 banner

Chevy SAS; 4-6" lift?

11K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  91extsas 
#1 ·
I've been reading throughout pirate and others forums for the past few weeks on SAS'ing my OBS Tahoe...most guys are running 6"+ overall lift with the conversion on springs.

My truck is going to be an expedition rig and I'd like to keep lift 4-6" to retain greater highway driveability (i.e. stability, gas mileage, etc) on a set of 35" tires.

If/when I go forward with the SAS, I found a '79 Ford HP60, 205t case and 14ff I'm going to use. I know the 60 is overkill for 35's and mild offroading, but I will be remote and breaking down could be a big $$ investment if a field repair is not possible.

I'm going with custom alcan springs (discussing this with them now), but I'd like to know if you guys think such a small lift is possible and what potential problems I'll run into.

#4 ·
Silver - what backspace are you running on those rims? Do you have any points where you rub?

I was thinking of using ORU's SAS Kit...that starts me at 3" which leaves me at most 3" of lift with springs.

#9 ·
my truck has somewhere between 3-4inches of lift you could possibly go lower but my track bar mount is only about 2.5inches off my leaf spring plate. i might be getting rid of my track bar by bracing my shackles. and i have 37s.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.