Pirate 4x4 banner

The Trash rebuild

6K views 37 replies 8 participants last post by  MNorby 
#1 ·
I know it is a Scout and this is the Chevy section but the only thing Scout on this is the body. The rest is built out of an 81 one ton Chevy. The specs are full roller injected 454 sm 465 ord doubler 60/14 locked with 5:13's. On the one ton frame all sitting on PBR 42's. So at this point it is getting 4 linked in the rear and a 3 link in the ft. Then to shorten the body 18" and rebuild the crap pipe around the out side.
Here is how it stands be for the rebuild.

And here is the reason for the rebuild I am tired of this.
Joe - Potato Salad Hill - Moab, Ut - 9/8/2011 - YouTube

This is what I have done so far.

See less See more
#4 ·
looking pretty good.

is the 'suck down' winch mounted to the rear axle? ive only ever seen them mounted to the frame, much simpler for wiring.

#9 ·
I got both the shock towers installed to day. The next step is to build some cross members between them. and then finish cutting and patching the floor. does any one think it would be worth while to tie the top of the shock towers to the bed side bars on the fool cage.... the cage is already tied in to the frame.

#15 ·
I got the rear mostly finished to night. I played with the ORI's a little.
this is full bump

this is about right for ride height

the next 2 are stretching its legs a little. The ORI"S are 18's and in these 2 pics there is only 15 inches of chrome showing so there is still more to go.
I did discover the tires just touch the shocks with one side at full stuff and one at full droop so I just ordered some 1/2" wheel spacers to move them out.

#20 ·
What "was" the wheel base? 52" front springs?
Did you have an anti wrap bar?
Just trying to figure out the old from new.

Do you have a link to the original build thread?

#30 ·
fine I ll update, I have been slacking a little on the update.

the ft axle is done. New Spartin locker installed. Artec arms with Ried knuckes. Home made tie rods and a Surpluse center ram.

home and slid into place

Got the right lower link mount built

it took 2 trys to get the left upper and lower how I like it
this is the first try

and the second

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.