Pirate 4x4 banner

Need 2" Primary BBC Headers

6K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  chevy_phil 
#1 ·
Does anyone know who makes a full length 2" or 2 1/8" Primary tube header for an 80's Big Block 4WD. I can't find any. I've looked on Hooker, Doug's, Hedman & Sanderson. I'm not really sure who else to check. Thanks for any help.

#6 ·
Looks like you are going to be doing some custom fab then.

Just out of curiously, how much did the 2" change the torque curve? Also, by the time you add a complete exhaust the difference may not be that much. A good complete, free flowing exhaust that is built to take advantage of scavenging will make a world of a difference.

Open headers vs. real world usage can be a huge difference.

If it's a mud truck, then hell yeah, make the headers, or go zoomies. If it's a truck you off road on a regular basis, seriously sit down and compare the torque curves. You may find that you have more useable torque over a wider RPM with the 1 7/8" headers.

#8 · (Edited)
The open 2" actually moved the torque curve down almost 500 RPM on the bottom, gaining 76ft/lbs peak and ending about the same RPM as the 1 7/8" beleive it or not. All in all I'm Happy with the motor 485hp @ 5500, 514ft/lbs @ 3500. Over 500ft/lbs from 2500-5000. Pretty good for a 454. Sorry guys. My current headers are 1 3/4" primarys. Maybe I'll try the 1 7/8" ones. Got to do something for me I guess

#12 ·
They can be seen in my build found bellow. They fit pretty nice, I had to trim the nylock and end of my 9/16" shackle bolt for clearance(I think the stock 7/16 bolts would clear fine). I will also need some 45 or 90 bends for plug boots as some of my current straight ones are to close for liking. And I think the starter has to come off before they go on, no biggie. I am happy with them for $250

Wow cool,2 3/8 fenderwell headers:smokin: over my budget for headers though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.