Pirate 4x4 banner

2006 chevy 5.3 silverado

6K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  BurnBlue 
#1 ·
my sons friend blew his motor mudding, they bought a complete 5.3 with 19000 miles and asked me to put it in, it is suppose to be out of the same year truck. The fuel injectors are different and the fuel rails are larger. Any ways I installed the engine and gut the harness and soldered on the correct plugs for the injectors. I am not getting any spark, I did a crank pos sensor test and it tested good. Still no spark, so I swapped the crank position sensor with the one from the old motor, still no spark. I am getting 12v and a pulse at the injector, so I believe the CPS is fine. I swapped a coil from the old motor and still no spark! I am getting 12v and ground at the few coils I checked. I even checked all the grounds and also grounded the motor from the battery to the head with a jumper cable. I am thinking this motor might be from an impala or something because they only list one injector for the truck and a different injector for the impala. Would the truck computer work on the car engine? or does it need flashed or other ideas?
Thanks
Brian

#2 ·
Why the fuck did you not just use the old intake and injectors from the original truck?

Whats the donor motor from. The impala 5.3L will not bolt up to the truck trans different bellhouse pattern.

#3 ·
Why the fuck did you not just use the old intake and injectors from the original truck?
this....althought i dont think different injectors would alter the spark.

you can try testing the cam sensor and put a scanner on it and see if anything comes up but im betting something in the "soldered" harness is probably fucked up. put all the shit from the original motor on the new motor and fix the harness or get a new one.

#6 · (Edited)
The point is most all the 5.3L long blocks are the same through the years and will interchange. He must have fucked something up during install or splicing the wires.

#7 ·
With the fuel rail difference and injector connector difference I'd say one of the motors is E85 Compatible flex engine VIN code Z, and one is not...more than likely a T motor.

The four wires at your ignition coils are Ignition Voltage (Which you have), Ground (got it), Reference voltage, and Coil driver/control. Both of those are important because if you have Ign voltage and ground, then the only thing that it can be is the V-Ref or Control circuits. Here's ya a schematic of the coil's. Maybe you can fix your mess...because the old intake would have boled right to your new engine. Then you would have not had to splice in the different connector's for injectors. :shaking:

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.