Pirate 4x4 banner

12 bolts axle

2K views 22 replies 17 participants last post by  LOGANSTANFORTH 
#1 ·
Bad news. Somehow I finally done with my project with 15,000 dollars on it. Now finally drive. It was fine. Then next day when I drove somehow driveshaft start act up and blew out rear axle got crack housing. No good. Need new axle. I'm on 8" lift and 37" tires on it. Do you know any cheap stock axle I'm from ga. I'm going well my truck. I check some junkyard most $300 up

#4 ·
Yes you wanna see a picture. It's badass truck you will love it. Engine is new with high performance. Truck body painted much more. It was all restored myself. Yeah I thought its ok to drive for street. Not for offroad. Look like have to be 14 bolts axle but rather stay with 6 lugs cuz brand new wheels are 6 lugs. I still try to research if I see a cheap for 14 bolts axle.

This post has been deleted
#13 ·
Another vote for 6 lug semi float 14 bolt 9.5"

Look for light duty 3/4 ton or "heavy half ton" great swap to upgrade from 10 bolt or 12 bolt. 9.5" sf 14 bolt is much stronger.

#15 ·
http://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/pts/2719634326.html

This looks like it may work for you if your still lookin' for a 9.5". I don't know what all consists of converting it to 6 lug but hear it's possible. Only $500 bucks and brand new in a crate. It's in Marietta, GA...

Hope this helps ya man, and I'd like to see pics of the truck.

#16 ·
The OP did not mention the year of the truck but assuming the older solid front axle version??
Just to clarify, the majority of 14SF axles were 8-lug. I have only ever seen 6-lug versions of the 14SF in the '88-newer trucks that had IFS, while many had the 8-lug versions. All of the older body style trucks (square body with solid front axle) I have seen that seemed original had 8-lug versions.

#18 ·
x a metric pantload on the 14bsf. I have an E-locker in my 6 lug 14bsf rolling on 37's and a 12V Cummins under the hood. No problems. You can break the stock carriers, but an Eaton Posi, Detroit, or other LSD or locker makes em pretty much bulletproof. The housing, R&P, and stock shafts will take a lot of abuse.

#23 ·
I can see why it twisted the driveshaft out of it. I guarantee that engine is no slouch...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.