Pirate 4x4 banner

I got an axle Question and it wasnt up there :)

1K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Cerull187 
#1 ·
ok so im a lil bit wait im a huge ass!!!! I didnt listen when ppl told me 35's would blow my 10 bolt..... so now what do i do??? I live in ontario canada and parts here are rusty n not cheep or easy to find(i hope its just me!!). I cant find a decent 9.5" 14b, let alone for less then 500 bucks. Put it this way the only yard i found with a sf 14b, only had 3, all 8 lug with close to 400,000km left outside since who knows with rust every where and they only dropd the price $50 to a great deal of $700(most expesive of the 3 but others wer 2wd):flipoff2:.... so i got a 95 ff 14b that was gunna go in my jeep but since my dd is down i may need it in the chev. oh ya dd is a 07 nnbs silverado beat to shit!!! if i use the ff 14b I will have to move perchs nd shock mounts, swap hubs for 6 bolt(from solid), and my big question brakes(with parking brake) will the aftermarket hubs afect what i can use for brakes :homer: any help would be awsome!!!!! any flamers can truck off :D

#2 ·
I didnt look hard enough:homer:, in the vendours section they have the 6 lug hubs and you can get them with a brake kit. Now, new yoke or is there a conversion u-joint? New drive shaft is too expensive right now. Also cut off mounts n perches, relocate new ones, u-bolts n plate on leaves so a lil better groud clearence:laughing: nd match the front diff gears with 4.10's in rear. Any opinions? I forget something?

#5 ·
if i were you i would look into one of the fabbed housings. for the money your talking, you'll end up with a diff that:
1)you will know the condition of things in it.
2)you can build it to the strength you need.

try ruffstuff, they have a housing worth looking in to.

#9 ·
lol I relpace the diff fluid n do regular maintenance, also driving lessons wont keep me from off-roading and screwin up the diff. Besides the speeding tickets and off-roadin my driving is fine:D I drive over 150km's every day to work and back and play in the dirt every weekend(almost), tow scrap cars for extra cash+ what ever else... its alot for a stock truck. I would love to get a lil vw or civic so I can do up the truck but it aint gunna happen right now, so 1 step at a time right. I think I should fix whats broke first. But thanks for the advise.:shaking:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.