Pirate 4x4 banner

77 chevy k-10 front hubs not locking-im stuck

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  6.2Blazer 
#1 ·
manuel locking hubs wont lock in. worked yesterday. now im stuck in the woods( cutting firewood) any tricks to try to get them to lock. axles are turning,no strange noices i dont think anything is broke.

#2 ·
maybe due to the cold or mud in there, i remember when i used to get my first k5 i used to grease them, found out that was a big no no due to grease getting dirt/water in there and making them unusable. if you have a allen or torx bit (whatever it might be to get the outter hub out) just pull it out clean it out and see whats going on. also i used to do a lot of water/mud driving and had to clean those things out every other month if not monthly

#3 ·
If you have an open diff in the front then only one side has to not be locking in (or something else is wrong) as it would just send all of the power to that side.

As mentioned above pull the covers off the hubs and take a look. If you packed the locking hubs with grease it can allow them not to engage, and combined with the cold weather would make it even worse.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.