Pirate 4x4 banner

700r4 problem

1K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  BurnBlue 
#1 ·
the 700r4 in my k5 wont shift. I searched and read about the governor but they all say that if the governor is bad then the tranny wont even shift out of 1st and the problem that in having with mine is it wont shift into 3rd. It starts out in first fine shifts to 2nd fine but then when it shifts into what should be third it just goes into neutral at least thats what it feels like and it will just rev but not go anywhere and it wont shift down by itself either, you have to move the shifter down to 2nd and then it goes in to second fine just not 3rd. I plan on pulling the governor to check it is there anything else that could cause this, any help is appreciated thanks

#5 ·
the fluid is bright red an normal no burn smell or anything, the transmissin is suppose to have been rebuilt and thats why i was thinking it might have something to do with the governor or maybe the TV cable. I think tht if the 3 and 4 clutch was smoked the fluid would show signs of it but like i said the fluid looks perfect

#7 ·
Maybe the fluid looks perfect now cause you filled it back up after the damage has been done? :shaking:

Like 86K30 said, your 3-4 pack is gone. If it shifted from 1st to 2nd then your gov, and throttle valve cable are not the issue. Most common failure of the 700R4/4L60... you run it low on fluid and no more 2-3 shift. "Well I didn't think the trans was leaking bad enough that it would have hurt anything." :eek:

#6 ·
we already know what the problem is.. so does the OP.

Its in the title. 700r4 Problem.

I dont get it?

well, maybe because nobody could make me own one, i dont get it. i kinda like it that way.

if you want plenty of self punishment, keep going.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.