Pirate 4x4 banner

S-10/Blazer rear end Q

753 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  GONRACIN 
#1 ·
Hey. I'm trying to find some info. I'm looking at upgrading a rear-end in an S-10 chassis. I'm looking for a later-model (98+?) disc brake 8.5" rear with limited slip. I'm trying to figure out if there's a particular code or anything to look for. Not 100% on gearing yet, but probably 3.73's........

#3 · (Edited)
That would work. Any idea off hand what the axle code would be? GT4?

Someone said something about "G80" code in the glovebox or something means its a limited slip, yet somewhere else said "G80" means locking diff. :rolleyes: Cuz clearly the 2 are so close in meaning ::shaking:

#4 · (Edited)
If it's a gov-bomb, that's fine. I just want an L/S rear end. We're not going to be putting 500hp though it on 39's or anything. A slightly warmed over 350 on street tires is the worst case.....why I wanted an 8.5" instead of 7.5"....

#5 ·
Swap in a ford 8.8 out of an explorer. Most have 4.10's and LS. Spring perches even work with the s10. A little work to keep the s10 bolt pattern but its worth it. Way stronger than the s10 rear. Several writups online about this.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.