Pirate 4x4 banner

2005 silverado b0100 service airbag code

64K views 21 replies 9 participants last post by  petey156 
#1 ·
My service airbag light came on and I had the code pulled, It was B0100. Left front sensor.
Can I remove battery cable, and then check the sensors with an ohm meter? Where is the left front sensor, I found only one behind the grill. All help and input is really appreciated as I am very frustrated with this now. I unplugged the yellow connectors behind the left side kick panel and the one above the brake pedal. Also unhooked and reconnected the seat sensors on both sides( hard to get my hand to). All connectors are clean shinny metal pins and very tight.

Preston

#2 ·
think about that left front sensor what happens when you hit something with the front of a truck hard the air bag deploys..... im feelin nice its behind the front bumber and the sensors are known to shit to bed more than likely its the sensor

#4 ·
some trucks have 1, some have 2. the codes still read the same for some reason, ive run into it a few times before. but if it has one in the middle of the frame, it only has 1 and it is bad, replace it and your good to go.

#6 ·
RPO code HVY is what will let you know if this has two or one sensor. Sensor/sensor's should be at the bottom of the radiator support. HVY has one sensor, w/o HVY has two sensors I believe.

If it has two sensors then the left hand sensor is the driver side of the vehicle. Right/left designation is like if you were sitting in the driver seat looking forward.

Disconnect battery, wait 10 mins for the system capacitor to die down. Change the sensor and hook battery back up. Code will come right back if this didn't repair your air bag light being on.

#8 ·
probably, take the last 8 digits of you VIN to your local GM dealer and they will hook ya up. cost of one of those sensors is around $110 i think. i may be wrong as im an employee and get them cheaper but i remember selling them CP for around that.

#12 ·
I like the pic of your mom! This is brand specific tech, if you people have a problem with me posting in here maybe you should all talk to the moderators and get a "hardcore old rusty Chevy" forum Since there are so many bad ass 4x4 Chevy rigs here.

If you don't know what I mean please go see the jeep section!

Sorry about my rant but you people wasting forum space is pretty special Ed, short bus. Retarded!!!!
Your key board is 1 hell of a magnifying glass, giving you big dick syndrome.

Please try and be productive if you don't have anything good to say, don't say anything.

#13 · (Edited)
Oh yay, another clueless noob fuckstick thinks he's going to come in here and lay down the law.

Listen shit-for-brains. Had you bothered reading the forum sticky, the one that is titled "Hellooo Chevy people! - Newbies read this before posting." you would know this forum ain't for asking about airbag bullshit. This IS the forum for hardcore old rusty Chevy shit, or even hardcore new Chevy shit. You don't like it? Feel free to go cry a river to someone who gives a fuck :flipoff:

#14 ·
Listen bud Your so called sticky must not be on the mobile version that I am using By the way please check your facts. I have been a member longer than you. Just because I don't post here everyday does not mean I'm a newbe. I have been around the block a few times. The reason I came to pirate for this tech problem is because I know there are others using full size Chevys as their wheelers or tow rigs do please take a calm down pill.

#16 ·
If it walks, talks, and acts like a clueless noob, it must be. I don't give a fuck when you signed up, you have a whopping 20 posts, don't read the stickies, and ask a noob question on the non-noob forum. Been around the block? What are you, a queer prostitute? Get your gay ass question over to the noob forum where it belongs.

weird, I am on my phone and the sticky is there
That's because you're not a clueless fucking moron like the OP ;)

#17 ·
Butthurtness aside, the willingness to chuck parts in this thread is pretty amazing. No one likes to diagnose problems, do they? :laughing:

#18 ·
Hell no, that is like trying to kill somebody with one bullet in a pistol. It's way more fun to just toss a grenade, you're bound to hit something.

Although, I have gotten to the point where my limited mechanical knowledge, ability, and google skills drove me crazy. At some point it pisses me off and I just go to the junk yard and start throwing parts at it. But usually in that case I need to go wheeling the next day, not find my way to the mall parking lot :laughing:

#19 ·
FWIW, shitty pin fit and dirty mounting often causes crash sensor DTCs. Most crash sensors are case grounded so running a redundant ground to the negative battery post for testing purposes (and sometimes a permanent fix) is enough to clear the DTC. You can ohm out the sensor from the module, but I really don't know what the spec is on this truck. However, 0 ohms, open, or shorted to ground is probably not going to work. :D

#20 ·
Your truck only has that one sensor, the one you found under the radiator support.

The code you have B100 is either "open" or "high resistance"

The impact sensor has a certain resistance which is not published so unless the sensor is open you are not going to get a good answer checking resistance with a meter.

With the code set the SDM will only check the sensor for 5 seconds at a time randomly. Meaning it will not supply voltage to it all of the time so a voltmeter check is also hard but can be done of first key on but remember you only have 5 seconds and supply voltage will be 9v to 16v.

These are very hard to diagnose without an air bag simulator so if you say all of the wiring looks good I would put a new impact sensor on.

#21 ·
GM won't publish the resistance? Checking the resistance of the sensor is in the pinpoint test for diagnosing crash sensor faults on most Fords.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.