Pirate 4x4 banner

Another brake question...

2K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  Shooter06 
#1 ·
I'm getting ready to convert my '85 K30 over to disc brakes. I've got all the parts, and I've read the article by Bill Vista enough I think I know it by heart. I'm only left with one question, and I can't just run out to the truck and measure it myself since my truck is an hour away at my parents..

What size is the brake line going down the frame to the back brakes?

I'm thinking it should be 3/16", but I want to make sure I have all of the parts ready before I tear into it, plus auto parts stores around here don't seem to stock much.

I'm planning on putting in an adjustable proportioning valve along the frame if I need it, and I just need that one size...

Thanks!

#4 ·
i would think it would still be 1/4 inch line going to the proportioning valve. you might just need to find those ends and just reflare the line instead of trying to cluster up a bunch of adapters. if possible bring that prop valve to a parts store (not autozone) and see if they can find a fitting that screws in there

#5 ·
I haven't dealt with your exact problem, but I have had specialized brake lines made at the Parker Store...they should be able to hook you up with just about any type of fitting or adapter if it's beyond the capacity of your local parts store. Any place that makes hydraulic hoses should be able to help you as well.

This post has been deleted
#9 ·
Our local O'Reilly's has a shit load of different compression fitting, splice kits, pre-made brake line assemblies and such. A good flaring tool and pipe cutter and you can make whatever you need for your application...

Invest in one of the hand held brake line benders too. Nobody likes shitty looking, cobbled up brake lines :flipoff2:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.