Pirate 4x4 banner

Hydraulic clutch set-ups

2K views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  sjracer 
#1 ·
yes, searched, and looked at a lot of combos:homer:..............but what we are looking for is a common procured ( off the shelf) master and slave set-up . ( external mounted) That can push or pull a pretty tight clutch lever. Something that is used on a bunch of vehicles, so on a Sunday afternoon when the clutch goes out in the Lil Sluice you could get some parts in P'ville or Auburn!

I've looked at Wilwood, CNC, you name it.

Real suggestions?:shaking:

#2 · (Edited)
1990 chevy...5.7 v8 2 wheel drive

master and slave lifetime warrenty and also have rebuild kits for both.......available at autozone....and most of the time in stock..

the factory line is available but wont fit any rigs that i know of...and adaptors will need to be made or bought

slave part number......Part Number: 12457
slave rebiuld kit.........Part Number: 22211
master cylender.........Part Number: 12348
master rebiuld kit.....Part Number: 22204

now....i know these dont have the fancy names and fancy machine work on them.....but they are cheap and readily available......and under 100 bucks for both

somethin that or sport seems to be forgetting......

#3 ·
On my 72K5 I used:
86 GM Master
80 Toyota LandCruser Slave
Advance Adapter LC Slave too Chevy cast Bell mounting bracket (LC guys use this when they put Chevy drivetrain in)
Earls AN3 hose

I run a 11 7/8" Luk ProGold clutch assy and this setup pushes it just fine :grinpimp:

#7 ·
not a GM app, but my motor and bell are. Im using an '80 6 Cyl CJ master and slave. Pushes my 10.4 or 11 inch clutch just fine. I think that the master was $30 at Carquest and seems like the slave is $60. I was kinda suprised, because the last master I bought was like $80.

But the next time I may try the setup from a '90 C1500 because the Master is $30 and the slave is $20.

#8 ·
:the glassman1990 chevy...5.7 v8 2 wheel drive

master and slave lifetime warrenty and also have rebuild kits for both.......available at autozone....and most of the time in stock..

the factory line is available but wont fit any rigs that i know of...and adaptors will need to be made or bought

slave part number......Part Number: 12457
slave rebiuld kit.........Part Number: 22211
master cylender.........Part Number: 12348
master rebiuld kit.....Part Number: 22204

now....i know these dont have the fancy names and fancy machine work on them.....but they are cheap and readily available......and under 100 bucks for both

somethin that or sport seems to be forgetting
Went this route .....looks like it should work perfect and YES - Cheap and available eveywhere . Total cost for both $ 49.98 life time warranty! You can't beat that!

#10 ·
Sorry to bring a thread back, but any advise on the fittings. etc needed for the line going into the slave? I had a CJ slave, but changed it out for the chevy one this time after the CJ on gave out this last weekend. The slave did not come with a fitting for the line from the master. The people a Napa were ZERO help today. My local napa will be open tomorrow, I know they are better. Any pointers would be GREAT!

#13 ·
I used a Wildwood master cylinder and the stock Dodge slave cylinder on my towrig. I built a custom steel braided brake line with AN fittings for it.

#14 ·
the setup I used in my hydro clutch uses a short clutch hose that is found on a 90-94 Toyota pickup equipped with a 3.0l engine. metric fittings yes but it's easily replaced cheaply if it ever breaks. there may be other short brake/clutch hoses out there, you may just have to find a parts store that will let you open a few boxes until you find the right one for your setup.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.