Pirate 4x4 banner

cold start with truck avenger

566 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  79beater 
#1 ·
My K5 has a new holley truck avenger 770cfm on a 427bb.

I am having trouble starting the engine for cold starts when the truck hasn't been run in several days. Once I get it past that first cold start, I'll have no problems for the rest of the day, cranking instantly on any subsequent attempt. Cold idle and warm idle are fine. It runs awesome once cranked.

For starting, I have found that it floods easily. Successful warm starts are with the foot off the pedal and no pumping until after it starts to fire.

Any advice or input appreciated.

#3 ·
I seem to have the same problem on my Bronco, I am running a 750 vac. sec. proform without the a choke tower. I found that after it sets a while in colder weather, either hooking a battery charger or running jumpers will help on the initial startup. I will also have to pump 7-8 times to get enough fuel. If you think you have flooded it, it will help to hold the throttle wide open while you are cranking. Hope this helps.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.