Pirate 4x4 banner

Chevy NV4500 to 6.0 V8

7K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  WYJAX 
#1 ·
So evidently, according to every wrecking yard I've spoken with, and all of the articles I have read online, I am trying to re-invent the wheel with this set up I am trying to run. I have an 01 fuel injected 6.0 Chevy V8 out of a 3/4 ton pickup. I am trying to mate that to an early model NV4500 (1992/93) and have had no luck trying to find the correct bellhousing. I am under the assumption that since the bellhousing bolt pattern on the rear of the block is the same as all SBC engines, that I just need to find a bell from that year truck (92/93) that was equipped with the 5.7/NV4500. All the wreckers keep telling me that it won't work. I need to get a bellhousing off of an 01 truck that has the NV4500 but they don't understand that the NV4500 changed bolt patterns around 95, so that won't work. Surely someone has ran this setup, using all factory parts. I just need to know that it's possible.

#2 ·
The block uses 5 of the sbc gen1 6 bell housing bolts. Find the stock 92/93 bell housing.

#3 ·
The early bellhouse will bolt up like mention just have one bolt hole not used. Its the flywheel and clutch that are different.

You need the 6.0L flywheel and clutch and throwout bearing for the Gen III motor. I am not sure how the newer pilot bearing works. But should work.

Seems some here has done the swap using the earlier trans.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.