Pirate 4x4 banner

Motor Not Starting

631 views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  swampers1226 
#1 ·
Ok, so did a motor swap for my new wheeling truck. Motor I pulled ran fine when pulled and now I'm getting no spark. Turns over, gets fuel but wont run. Any suggestions to what I can do to check or fix this problem.

#2 · (Edited)
did you pull out a test light? gotta check the basics first. we can't be thier to hold your hand through this whole thing ya know.........

edit: if you can't figure it out from here, then you may want to take it to a garage that can fix it for you.

#7 ·
unhook the stock wires to the distributor. hook 12 gauge wire directly from the battery to the distributer. look at the top of the cap most of them come labeled which post is positive and which is for the tach. get it the truck and see if it fires up. if it works its your wiring. if it doesnt its your distributor.
not all hei distributers are the same. if your not useing the distibutor that was in the truck old motor before you pulled it the positive and tach wires may be backwords. if the wires are right the coil or control module could have gone bad during the swap. its not hard man use a meter and get a chilton book. if its a good hei and it has a power wire it will spark. its that simple

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.