Pirate 4x4 banner

my chevy tube buggy

3K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  Highrolleres 
#1 ·
been working on it for about 20 months now, got it running first week of november. we've taken it out on three trips so far and gotten to use and abuse it some. i figured i'd share a few pics of the progress build and a few trail pics. tb1 454, sm465, 203/205 doubler, coporate 14 spool, dana 60 w/e-locker, 18" travel foa's and air bumps, 44 tsl boggers (bought them off craigs list totally worn out off some guys f-350, were waiting on some trailworthy h1 conversion wheels and a tire groover to expand the life of our 300dollar gems) custom chassis by me and my brother

See less See more
#5 ·
Ive always had a soft spot for those old school 8 lug draglights..Maybe my 1/4 mile influence makes me partial..

Is the red part of the frame off of some other rig? or was it just painted prior to the build

#6 ·
it took us 17 months to get this rig built, so we would do alot of advanced level bench racing while leaning on the front part of the chassis, after awhile it was all rust, so my brother painted it red because that s all he had, the wheels are all we had, stoked to get our double beadlocks

#11 ·
by the way the wheel base is 118, roof is 82 i think and the belly height is 24 free and changes a bunch with weight, i didnt think it would quite so sensitive to the passenger weight. i wish i would have built it wider in the passenger area to beable to put the seating lower and reduce the overall height, with the light bar down it fits in my garage by an inch or so. i going to start a new chassis in sometime this year and build a 2 seater, where i live theres a whole hell of alot more open desert than anything else, so i intend on building more of a go fast ultra4 style car. i think i can do alot for getting th cg lower and the overall lower while stilling have 20-22 at the belly pan.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.