Pirate 4x4 banner

Converted my front turn signals to led, now no worky

2K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  rayfin interiors 
#1 ·
I just changed my front blinker lights to some amber 3wire led lights and put them behind the grill, no i get no turn signal and when they do blink its only one time and thats it. I did do some research but im getting mixed reviews. The most common thing im seeing is i need a resistor in the line somewhere cause the led lights circut board will basically blink so fast it looks like its just on all the time(point of the resistor) so basically my question is, do i need a resistor? If so what kind? Which one? I dont know enough about electrical or i would not have asked. So what doni need to do/get. Its a 72 chevy truck, no side marker lights

#6 ·
no load flashers use a internal timer and a built in relay to take the place of the old style system that was dependant on the resistance of the light circuit to be just right. this is why on the old system if you burned a bulb out they would flash fast on some cars or just come on solid, or if you hooked up a trailer they would flash different.

#10 ·
i believe that the no load relay is also referred to as a heavy duty flasher. most of the ones i've seen have a clear flasher case

#12 ·
the issue is not only the flasher but also the way the factory wired the front side marker lights to be on and flash. My buddy's '71 Monte Carlo did the same thing till i rewired the front maker lights just to be on and not flash. Hope this helps.

#14 · (Edited)
I always have trouble with LED turn signals. I didn't try switching the polarity on my low load flashers. I'll try that thanks. Also some guys just put a regular bulb in the circuit somewhere to put a load on it. "i believe that the no load relay is also referred to as a heavy duty flasher." Not always.

http://www.napaonline.com/Catalog/CatalogItemDetail.aspx?R=NF_EL12L1_0325416417 Heres a NAPA one like they were talking about. It even says LED flasher.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.