Pirate 4x4 banner

12 bolt rear disc?

1K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  yotemanross 
#1 ·
Can anyone help me out with part numbers or what they used to do rear disc on a 12 bolt?

#8 ·
remember that you'll be losing a e-brake with that setup, unless you plan on using a transfer case e-brake. that kit that i found had e-brake calipers. i'm thinking they might be firebird,camaro calipers. one of my old employers had a ?'79 firebird with rear disks, and the calipers had e-brakes on them. they are smaller than the Eldorado calipers that most of the 14 bolt kits use.

#9 · (Edited)
You can use caddy calipers and get an E-brake.Factory disk rear TA was a rare item.The caddy ones are a pain to keep adjusted and working properly.And don't really clamp tight enough for a big rig with big tires.Remember they were on a car with small tires.I would think the TA ones if they are smaller yet would be even worse.

#10 ·
you could convert a 99+ chevy rear disc brake setup off a half to silverado and have a factory drum e brake pretty easy i would think. and if its a 2wd 5 lug the 2004-2006 silverado ss trucks were 5 lug i think right? plus you would be using factory parts easy to find and get two pistion calipers out of it. just food for thought.
i converted my 02 10 bolts disc brakes to a sf14 bolt in bout 2 hrs. the bolt pattern was the same i just had to move the mount out about 3/4 of a inch.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.