Pirate 4x4 banner

'07 5.3 DOD lifters

3K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  gmcxt 
#1 ·
im putting a '07 lc9 5.3 in my land cruiser and i am installing a small performance cam, anyone know if there are different lifters and get rid of the dod/afm lifters and replaced them with a normal lifter?

#2 ·
To change lifter you have to remove the heads. There are 8 DOD/AFM lifters as well as the AFM valley cover. Several companies make DOD/AFM delete kits.

If you have the heads off I would just go ahead and change all the lifters the the LS7 units.

#3 ·
Is this an aluminum block? The Gen3s have 5.3/4.8 stamped in the block. So they interchange right. If the Gen4s also interchange then you could swap 07+ 4.8 heads on it. Im 99% sure the 4.8s are not DOD/AFM. LS7 stuff is cool but pricey and less common...

#4 · (Edited)
Are you fucking retarted! :shaking: LS7 lifters GM 12499225 $120 bucks a set from GM! This is about the best stock lifter. The LS7 stuff is just as common as any other LS part!:rolleyes:

For one the LC9 is an AL block. For two all the Gen IV 4.8L/5.3 are the same 799/243 heads! Why the fuck would he swap heads to begin with!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.