Pirate 4x4 banner

D60 35spline upgrade with hubs

1K views 14 replies 6 participants last post by  mudslinger021485 
#1 ·
Heres what i got, 85 CUCV D60. Im lookin to upgrade the outters to 35 spliners, anyone got any input on who makes a better a chromo shaft than the other? also ive read about the contact issue with the warn lockouts, so any suggestions other than grinding down the shaft and cutting a new groove? Im curious if the same problem occurs with the dynalocs, anyone know?

#2 · (Edited)
#5 ·
I haven't actually gotten to use my stuff yet. I am nearing the end of my build. Everything assembled very well the lockouts really appear to be very good quality.

As for the shafts my buddy and I both ordered inners and outers for our 60's and his are working flawlessly. He mostly uses his truck for Tug-A-Truck on concrete. He was breaking Yukon shafts so he got his money back and we ordered 8 Superior shafts all at one time. Mack at SUperior Axle and Gear was great to deal with.

#10 · (Edited)
What the fuck is a DOM shaft? DOM refers to tubing(generally mild steel), and is short for "drawn over Mandrel". I have yet to see any 60 shafts which were manufactured with that process(nor will I ever, since the process doesn't apply to that application).

If you really want to impress the world with your vast vocabulary, you should at least make some effort to get it right. Otherwise, you expose yourself for the poser you really are.

#7 ·
We bought the MADE IN THE USA lifetime guaranteed shafts. Mack said he would shake my hand if we broke these shafts.

I don't have the part numbers in front of me they are in a box full of paperwork at the shop. I just did a quick search of their web site and the price of their shafts have jumped in price. I am almost positive we paid around 1,100 for a set of 4 shafts.

If you talk to Mack he will find some "wiggle" room in the price :)

#9 ·
Ya they are about double the price as the imports.
I talked to ORD yesterday and he was sayin that even the imports are prolly better than Yukons but they do sell both. Im really considering the Dynaloc hubs too. Warn pissed me, i blew a brand new set of hubs on my 10 bolt just shifting into 4wd in the snow on level ground.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.