Pirate 4x4 banner

My google Fu is bringing the suck. Chevy Colorado???

5K views 31 replies 5 participants last post by  04colly 
#1 · (Edited)
What tranny does it have? All I can find is "manual" and "automatic":homer:

Yes, this is regarding a tcase swap.

EDIT: I'm a fucking retard

#24 ·
Not a problem. I'm leaving for Afghanistan in a couple days, so i'm kicking around idea's for a new to me rig when I get home. Everyone has an S-10,and I like the look of the CO.....I don't actually have one yet. I really just needed to find out what adapter I would need to hook up my 203/205 to the tranny. I have everything else i would need for the build.
You got questions about the Colorado and or a sas on it just ask. I've pretty much turned every bolt there is on those trucks. I just am curious on peoples opinions on steering boxes. I'm looking at either a yota or bronco box.
Not yet I don't. As far as the fab part of it all, i'm not too worried. Its just metal, and it will do my bidding.
If its a stock motor we got a 1 in 4 chance of getting it right. 2.8 I4, 2.9 I4, 3.5 I5, 3.7 I5. I doubt he has the 5.3 if he is having tcase issues.
He doesn't have any of them.

I'm doing research as to what I'm buying when I get back. Considering my stockpile of parts, a GM vehicle just seems right.

#12 ·
You got questions about the Colorado and or a sas on it just ask. I've pretty much turned every bolt there is on those trucks. I just am curious on peoples opinions on steering boxes. I'm looking at either a yota or bronco box.

#19 ·
The 2.9 that's supposedly built and making over 400hp? never seen the numbers or a did of it. asked the guy but he just tried to sell it. I think the 2.9 would work well. the 07 year has simpler electronics. the 08 and up went to can style computers.

#25 ·
If your gonna keep a stock motor find a 3.5 and if your putting in manual tcases get a 2wd truck otherwise a cheap 4wd and sell the tcase cause there are a few guys looking for them due to there's dying. or 09 and up Colorado trucks can come with a 5.3l LH8 v8.

#28 ·
The 5.3 gets the same mileage as the I5. Also go for the 3.7 over the 3.5.

Does anyone know if the 4L60E in the Colorados has the usual 27 spline output? Would a 241 Tcase bolt right up out of a OBS chevy with a 4L60E/700R4?

I have wanted to know for a SAS in the future and when I am under the truck all I see is how small the stock tcase is.

I checked out a guy's H3T the other day, the rear axle had disc brakes and the Tcase was definitely bigger! and so was the rear output.

#29 ·
H3t has a different tcase. Those are either auto engage tcases or awd tcases with option to lock into 4wd idr. Also the h3t has a 8.6" rear end where a I4 or I5 Colorado has a 8" rear end and the v8 Colorado has a 8.6". I don't see why the 4l60e's ass end is any different. I haven't pulled off a tcase yet to know for sure.

For 38's your gonna either need extremely deep gears or the v8. A v8 can be swapped into in place of a I4 or I5. Btw I run a 3.5 and I have no issues with it. Only thing is the 3.5 is known for head issues and the 3.7 puts out 30 more horsepower.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.