Pirate 4x4 banner

th400 to Ford 205 info

5K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Grumpy_old_fart 
#1 ·
I has been researching for a while and hadn't found any sort of write up of how to do this, so I figured I would share what I found.

I am/will be running Chevy drive train with Ford 60's. Chevy trans and case were complete out of a 83 K30. Ford case is a mated case.

Stock Chevy case

I purchased a round pattern th400/205 adapter off eBay, notched it to clear the Ford shift rail

Chevy (left) and Ford inputs and outputs. The Ford trans input seal will also fit over the Chevy input.

Chevy input in Ford case (bearing is the same size)

Clearance for the rail

It all together

It puts the front output about 1/2" higher than the trans input (clocks it about flat). I am planning on cutting and plating the top of the case so I don't have to sit next to it. The Chevy adapter bolts right up the the Ford case minus 2 holes (last pic, 2 closest to the front output). The holes are very close, possibly can be egged out or slotted. I still need to figure out twin stick mounting off of the case. Other 205 info can be found here - http://www.high-impact.net/transmission_and_gear/Tcase_NP205.htm

Scott

See less See more
This post has been deleted
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.