Pirate 4x4 banner

Turbo 400 valve body

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  sjracer 
#1 ·
I am having a turbo 400 tranny being built for my buggy it will have a lq9 motor in it and a atlas t-case. My question is one manual valve body better for rock racing or crawling than another?? Thanks.

#5 ·
I just had my turbo 400 rebuilt and am using a Hughe Performance manual valve body w reverse pattern and engine breaking. Just took the first drive yesterday and every shift feels like its gonna break my neck and blow my rear shaft apart!!! I think the tranny guy that rebuilt and installed the valve body set the shift points REALLY firm.Not sure if this is even able to be manipulated but if anyone knows how to tone down the shift points I would greatly appreciate any tips. I definately like the manual valve body feel just not the hard shifts! Thanks in advance

#6 ·
your gonna have to get a pressure guage and check the line pressure and such. he may have maxed it out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.