Pirate 4x4 banner

78 clutch linkage problems

604 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  demo_fever 
#1 ·
ok so i bought a 78 k10 it needed a engine. i have it back together but i cannot figure out the clutch linkage. every place i put the spring it put the fork and adjuster in a bind. i have tried to put the spring on the fork and the bar that drops down but neither worked anybody have any good pics i have found nothing online thanks in advance for any help

#2 ·
The fork is supposed to have a tab on it for the spring to attach to. the spring goes to the frame rail up by the motor mount.

if it binds, look at your linkage again. maybe the clip on your clutch pivot ball is broken and allowing the clutch arm to pivot too much.

#3 ·
ok thanks you i went junk yard looking today i found diffrent set ups to look at my fork doesnt have a tab and when i try to put the spring from the motor mount to the fork the header is in the way i guess im going to have to rig up something thanks a lot Grumpy_old_fart

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.