Pirate 4x4 banner

DIY4X Dash

4K views 22 replies 15 participants last post by  tilley52 
#1 ·
just installed in race truck for anyone that wants to see how good these look in the truck

See less See more
#6 ·
vacuum guages work well, and can also double as a "Boost" guage...

Personally, while I am never a fan of stamped out stuff, I must admit that this is one nice looking piece, and that if I were running a 73-87, I would seriously think about it. Nice...

#5 ·
does it have pre-made holes for front roll bar down tubes? that would be pretty sweet for a nice tight fit to the windshield. looks great other than that.

#16 · (Edited)
thanks for the replies ill have to move the hinge. the roll cage will go down behind the dash, this is the main reason i installed this. ill get pics up as soon as i get back to the shop

build is as follows

408 LS Stroker motor LS3 heads, Holley tunnel ram LS3 injection manifold, Twin 70mm turbos inter-cooled, making 16psi boost running E85, Sprays aprox a 90Hp shot off the bottom only when needed.

suspension is 4-link front and rear King 3.0's 18in travel. 538 gears d60/gm14 spooled front and rear, chromo shafts all the way around.

has not been on dyno yet but my ls builder is shooting for 1200-1300 flywheel hp. we are trying to get 1000rwhp

#19 ·
Well that fixes the rear, but what about the front? Bump steer is going to be insane as it sits, won't be any better triangulated.
Are your coilovers mounted wider at the top than at the axle?
Is this the suspension you had a local guy build?

#20 ·
It has full hydro steer so that should eliminate bump steer. The pic where the coils look wider at the top , they are in the pic cuz the bar that goes between the shock towers was a bit too long with the motor in and weight sitting as its supposed to the widest point of the top is about 3/4 inch wider than the bottom shouldn't be that big a deal, and yes the suspension was done by a buddy I went to high school with, we traded a new tripple bank Snap-On tool box for the entire suspension setup materials and shocks included

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.