Pirate 4x4 banner

Master Cylinder - threaded/flared line

448 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Sparg93 
#1 ·
yesterday evening while installing my master cylinder (new AC Delco) I noticed a leak coming out of one of the two threaded lines going into the MC.

I removed the MC, cleaned the leaking hole and reinstalled thinking the flare simply didn't seal up at the end...wrong, still leaking from the one hole.

The flare has no chips/cracks and is of similar shape as the one that isn't leaking. The only difference is that the leaking flare has a slight angle to it.

Any recommendation for fixing/checking the flare? I don't have any experience flaring pipes (and no tools), so any advice is really helpful.

#2 ·
go down to advance auto or any parts house im sure they have a sae line flaring kit for about 30 bux and theres probaby pics in the box how to do it. cut your flare off with a tubing cutter and reflare your double flare. not too hard. im sure if you googled brake line flares youd find something.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.