Pirate 4x4 banner

GM 2500/3500HD pitman/idler support brackets

4K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  dahoyle 
#1 ·
Not as hardcore as many other projects on pirate but trying to follow the typical DIY pirate fashion, has anyone built a replica of the cognito idler and pitman arm support bracket kit for the HD trucks? Yes I'm a cheap sombitch but damn, $240 for the kit just seems like flat out get the Vaseline I'm raping you. You're already spending 200 or more on the idler and pitman arms from whoever, then so it doesn't happen again, or for at least a long ass time you need to spend another 240. That could easily be built with a little know how and some flat stock.
I dunno. Anybody?

This post has been deleted
#3 · (Edited)
That could easily be built with a little know how and some flat stock.
Apparently, you are all out of knowhow. I mean, it's not like you can find pictures of the damn kit online or anything....

What more are you expecting to find here? Someone with a little flat bar and knowhow. Well, fuck it, you found me. I'll build you a setup for $500

#6 ·
I don't think the flat stock or the heims are the hard part to build, but the heims sleeves might be a challenge. They sleeve up through the heim and thread onto the pitman/idler stud. I installed the kit on my d-max and it is very solid and really tightened up the steering.

I don't have a picture of them not installed, but here are what they look like installed.

I put the kit on when I installed the DMax Store Kryptonite Steering system.

Jack

#8 · (Edited)
no its not the hex stock.
its the little bracket that the heim is bolted to, which in turn bolts to the pitman or idler arm.

locrwln;
those shank nuts are available for purchase from dmaxx store separately. They were my only concern as well but I can just buy those and get to buildin.
thanks.

found it...
http://www.dieselplace.com/forum/showthread.php?t=241650

#10 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.