Pirate 4x4 banner

52 willys truck on 76 Chevy K10

2K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  muddigger21 
#1 · (Edited)
ok so I've got just about everything in order, but the driveline.

Stripped the body off the k10 and revealed a d44 up front 12bolt in the rear 010 block 350 for power and a POS th350 in front of the 203

My question is about the tranny.
I have a th400 in great shape and would love to put it in place of the broken down th350 but the 400 is 2wd.

will advance adapters pn 50-3200 be all i need for the swap

also is there a way around spending 450$ for a stupid little adapter

See less See more
#5 ·
What Grumpy said.

Coincidentally, I know where you can get the factory adapter, and 32 spline input, for a meager $200 plus shipping

#6 · (Edited)
where is that. and what all is included.
And just to make sure I'm clear about what you are talking about....

My 2wd trans output shaft is the same output shaft used in the 4wd. all I would need is the 4wd tail housing (4wd Adapter) and the input gear for the 203 (32 spline)

I'm all ears guys

#7 · (Edited)
32 spline th400 outputs for np203 stick out of the trans about an inch, and no tailhousing covers it.

the standard shaft for 2wd has about a 4 1/2 stick out of the trans. it only works with an np205 from 85 and earlier... maybe 84 and earlier...

the round faced 205/np241/208 shaft sticks out about 2 1/2 inches.

but, if you had searched, you would know this... and you wouldnt have to be told.

#8 ·
man you are a grumpy old fart

Thanks for telling me though

I did search, but I can't quite seem to get a straight answer on the 203 205 question. I know that if I wanted to use the 2wd th400 I could swap to the 205 and it should bolt up, but it would also be shorter than the 203 I currently have.

So I will look for a short shafted 32 spline output shaft for the th400 and the adapter to mate it to the 203. easy. I know that the oem adapters and shafts are hard to find. do you guys trust any of the online dealers that are reproducing these parts.

Secondly...Just a therory.... I have an adapter to mate the th350 to the 203 so if i was to switch to the 2wd th400 and put in a new short shaft....could I just re-drill the original adapter to recieve the 400 bolt pattern?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.