Pirate 4x4 banner

99 cavalier brush guard

7K views 33 replies 21 participants last post by  chevy305dbt 
#1 · (Edited)
anyone have any ideas on "fabricating" a brush guard for my cavi? need something sturdy and needs to look bad ass! i want the next deer i hit to know what hit it. headlights are gettin expensive. thanks all!

#6 ·
I always tend to use metal on mine. Holds up a bit better. Try some 3", .5 walled DOM. For hitting deer, I would do a few tests runs to get the angle right so when you hit it, it flies completely over the car into the car behind you who is tailgating. You'll teach em that way.

#8 · (Edited)
I would suggest PVC considering it is a cavalier and all. I mean, if you go with DOM, it could weigh it down too much. Now, one other option you should strongly consider is a toddler bed frame. drill 2 bolt holes on each fender just aft of the headlights to attach it via the 4 legs. Make sure it's a good 12" from the grille and you should be good to go when smackin' deer. Depending on if you angle it up or down, you could flip them over the top or under the car. I say under the car. Then, you can drag a ninja-inspired climbing hook off your rear bumper (you know the ones that look like a giant treble hook) to catch 'hold of the deer when you run over it. Take the long way home and you'll have it gutted and skinned before you clear the driveway. Just remember to keep a .22 revolver loaded with hollow points in the door pocket for when you do get home, in case that sumbitch is a fighter. Ain't nothin' worse than tryin' to dehook a skinless deer you thought was dead 'n gone, only to find out that bastards alive 'n awake, madder'n'shit and scared as hell ready to do you harm.

#9 ·
make sure that you hit the next one at just the right angle that it comes through your windshield and stops you from wasting good air while breathing.

#11 ·
um....

just under the front bumper on a cavalier is a piece of channel that goes from side to side between the frame rails. you can pull the bumper cover off and weld on some extensions that go through the bumper cover.... then build your brush guard.

dont ask me how i know, or why i wanted to help...

#12 ·
re

thanks to everyone who was being serious...this should be a fun little project. its not an option to just give up on the cavalier. too creative to go back to my jeep and my blazer, i will wave as i pass you at the gas station. when i play i'll take 4 wheel drive but id like to know that my beast is safe when im on the road. pvc and duct tape would be great if i got some ideas, can work with tyat for starters. to those of you laughing...man up. its not the truck its the balls running the show. my little cavi has seen more mud than you can imagine and still runs strong. chevy thunder!

#16 · (Edited)
a buddy of mine was building a cavalier for the "Hornet" class at the local racetrack. mandated stock bumpers. we fudged a bit.

we fudged enough, in fact, that the car was the fastest in the class and the hardest to beat. not to mention the unseemly dents it left in competitors... you have to paint to pass in this class. Jerry could paint. we had to rattle can the front bumper with 3 or 4 layers so the paint would stick to other cars, but it was worth it.

it took 3 years for his car to be caught and disqualified.

as for why? Deer hunting here is easier with a car than it is with a gun. I went hunting last year, and the one buck i saw had just been clipped by a car on the freeway. the year before, i didnt see ONE buck at ALL that wasnt on/near/dead from traffic.

#19 ·
One thumb up for being an urban vehicular deer slayer. Im a firm believer in taking em when you can, whether it be with my. 30-06, or my 4.30 MAG. Them mother fuckas have learned to evade us by invading us and taking to our roadways where it is unlawful to shoot, but some of us aren't afraid to hit the skinny pedal! As for coming onto a HARDCORE 4x4 tech forum and asking about building a queer little brush guard for your wannabe ricer, jury says... Dick in the blender!

#23 ·
I have a 6 foot or better fence around my garden.... the fuckers got in.. the dog scared em.... and you should have seen the mayhem they unleashed trying to get out.

I think they scared my dog. The deer went up the hill, hit the fence, went sideways, hit the fence, went the other way sideways, hit the fence, went down hill, hit the fence, then went uphill again, and again, hit the fence... then took a running shot at the downhill side and cleared 10 feet of fence and yarn to escape...

My sister lives next door to me, the garden is in the street in between *(long story, the city doesnt maintain it, so I have to, so i put in a garden on a city street)... I gotta worry about shooting her house, the neighbors house, the chicken coop behind my sisters house, and any one of her 10 cars... kind of a pain in the ass.

maybe i just need to put a trap in the garden... like a bear trap.

#28 ·
Pics of the garden in the street?

#29 ·
what you need to use is either an I beam, C channel orr some overly big(like 6"+ diameter) poop pipe. no bends what so ever, stick welds, and throw some of them chinese chrome KC lights on it and call it good. if you do have to "bend" anything, mitre cut it.

#33 · (Edited)
looks like your azaleas are in need of some water. :flipoff2:

damn grump, you're so different from society that even your house doesn't line up like everyone elses! it must have been one of those "fawk all you fawkers, i'm gonna build it this way just to PISS EVERYONE OFF! take that my shits facing southwest whether you like it or not." moments.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.