Pirate 4x4 banner

vavle spring

731 views 18 replies 7 participants last post by  MaxPF 
#1 ·
Can I use stock ls1 vavle springs with a 525/525 lift cam on a 5.3 motor

#5 · (Edited)
you arent going to make friends here by getting pissy.

of course, you must understand that at this point, I dont give a fuck about making friends. I have plenty of friends. I dont come here to answer the same question multiple times. If you cannot follow some simple basics, you need to give up and walk away.

you have a cam...

do you know what size lift it has? you say .525" of lift. do you know how to do the math?

you need a spring that will absorb .525" + .060 more of retainer to guide clearance... so... your installed height minus spring must be at a minimum .585".

do you know how to check it? you take the springs off, get a micrometer, set the tip of the mic on the center of the spring, with the head on a bench, and push down on the retainer until the valve retainer bottoms out on the valve guide. the smart way to do this is to put a very light spring on it before bolting it all together.

you also need to check piston to valve clearance. theres another procedure for that.

so... you now have instructions.

you need to pull your head out of your ass, and figure it out for yourself. Pirate is a great place to learn things. It is also a great place to find your skin thickness... apparently, yours is thin.

work on that first. Then come back and ask stupid questions. and if you cannot spell the word "you", you arent worth talking to. This isnt a fucking texting conversation. if you want a valid answer, spell the words out.

#8 ·
No one gave me a straight up answer an the guy that machined my heads said he new it would work just want to get other people's thoughts yes this is the first time I have done this kind of thing just want to make sure its right and to classicgm thank you for giving me a straight up answer if it true no offense

#16 ·
werd :mr-t:

i'm damn near a certified gm master tech in my own mind. you got chevy problems? i got chevy answers. don't let the big meanie head dahoyle piss in your punch. he just gets a little pissy at dumbfuck assclowns that barely have the intelligence level of an artichoke. but no worries, ignorant fuckstains are my bread and butter. always here to help!
idk a damn bit of knowledge about anything to do with chevy you fawker! :toynegroflipoff2:

#15 ·
The points made in this post are valid. You don't know the first fawking thing about engine mechanics and you're asking plain strangers (who aren't real tolerant of newbie questions) for advise. With all the great sites on the net, you coulda used the search feature on that new fangled google thing to find plenty of info from which to form an ¿educated? guess... it ain't hard, see?

#17 · (Edited)
fatdan460; said:
werd :mr-t:

i'm damn near a certified gm master tech in my own mind. you got chevy problems? i got chevy answers. don't let the big meanie head dahoyle piss in your punch. he just gets a little pissy at dumbfuck assclowns that barely have the intelligence level of an artichoke. but no worries, ignorant fuckstains are my bread and butter. always here to help!
idk a damn bit of knowledge about anything to do with chevy you fawker! :toynegroflipoff2:

now that is sig worthy!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.