Pirate 4x4 banner

v3500 3+3 long box shackle flip what shims are you running?

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  sjracer 
#1 ·
Just finished a long needed shackle flip with diy4x brackets and 4.5" shackle plates, as said earlier in the title its a 1 ton the brackets reversed as per Kert at diy4x suggested with the stock 56 springs. I have noticed the pinion has now rotated up. just wondering what anybody else with this truck configuration is running to shim the pinion angle back down thanks!!!

#3 ·
so I blew it on my first set of shims I didn't realize my angle finder was in 2 degree increments so I bought 6 degree shims, changed the vibration to a higher pitch rattling out of the transfer case shifter about 50mph-65mph, so I checked it again and it looked like I needed 12 degree shims but bought another set from diy4x that were 10 degree and smoother but still the high speed grinding rattle/buzz from the transfer case. I know I'm not the only one who has done this shackle flip on a 1 ton crew cab, any advice? It has the 4.5 shackles and stock 56" springs. I'm really regretting doing this type of shackle flip lift and wishing I had just bought the f-ing 4" lift rear springs. how do I fix this or do I just pull the diy4x crap off and sell it? and do it right.

#5 · (Edited)
what about having a CV added to your driveshaft and leaving the diff tilted up? shims can reduce strength and can shear off the center pin easier.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.