Pirate 4x4 banner

softer ride 4 my 71 ?

1K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  Cooter! 
#1 · (Edited)
What can i do for a softer ride on my 71 GMC without spending a butt load of $$$ . I was told a 52" swap, but i am running 38s on a 15x12 wheel and do not want to cut the fender, help me out

#6 ·
i think he was mainly referring to the 52" spring swap (since they are longer than stock)
is stock 47" eye to eye on the '71 as it is on the '84?

i didnt think you needed any fab skills for the b52 hangers that diy4x sells. thought you just cut the factory hangers off then bolted the diy b52 ones in its place.

#8 ·
so would stock 47" springs be an option? seems like 47s wouldnt adversely affect the wheelbase (tire position in the wheelwell) as much as 52s.

#9 ·
The wheelbase will be the same if the springs are built right, no matter what length you use.

Converting the front requires as little as drilling the frame for the upper rear shackle mount but personally I'd take the opportunity to extend the front a little. (DIY4X4)

It is all about spring rate and non-cheapo shocks, the longer leafs let the spring rate go up slower on bump.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.