Pirate 4x4 banner

lift kit options

576 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  sterlingfire 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi, I have a 1983 1 ton 4x4 and want to get a 4 inch lift for it. it looks like for the rear i can get either a lift kit where i flip the shackle over or i can put a block between the spring and rear end. with this lift kit i would like to have the truck ride semi decent. i was also wanting to install some beefier springs. i was looking at http://www.sdtrucksprings.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=7359 and these springs are 4650 rear leaf springs. i am 90% sure the original springs are like 3500lbs in the k30's. I am rebuilding a bbc for the truck in a shop class in school. not looking to dump an ass load of money into the truck suspension. I want the beefier springs for hauling fire wood. Please share your thoughts on what i should get for the truck.
Thanks James

#2 ·
Hi, I have a 1983 1 ton 4x4 and want to get a 4 inch lift for it. it looks like for the rear i can get either a lift kit where i flip the shackle over or i can put a block between the spring and rear end. with this lift kit i would like to have the truck ride semi decent. i was also wanting to install some beefier springs. i was looking at 1981-1991 Chevy / GMC K30/3500, V30/3500 (w/ G52 extra capacity springs) 4wd - Leaf Spring (Rear - 9/1 Leaves) [HD] [22-617HD] | $189.95 | SD Truck Springs | Leaf Springs, Helper Springs and Suspension Parts and these springs are 4650 rear leaf springs. i am 90% sure the original springs are like 3500lbs in the k30's. I am rebuilding a bbc for the truck in a shop class in school. not looking to dump an ass load of money into the truck suspension. I want the beefier springs for hauling fire wood. Please share your thoughts on what i should get for the truck.
Thanks James
Your questions belong here.
Newbie General 4x4 Discussion - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.