TBI help? - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Brand Specific Tech > Chevy
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2005, 03:43 PM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 36334
TBI help?

I'm building a new motor for my 93 z71. Just picked up the stroker kit with .040 pistons, etc. But I'm not sure what is available for intakes and heads for these things. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
goinbigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2005, 09:11 PM   #2 (permalink)

Member # 47661
I know edelbrock has a performer intake.they also have cams and aluminum heads to match all of the injection so your motor dosnt run like shit. holly and bbk make bigger throttle bodies, which you should look into if its gonna be a stroker. you can also try summit/jegs to see what heads they have for it, cause alot of the stuff they have isnt listed in thier catalog. i would just take your haeds, port/polish, 3/8s screw in studs, guidplates, and springs, and theyll be tits. good luck,hope it helps, sounds cool
Old 06-23-2005, 07:57 PM   #3 (permalink)

Member # 36334
Yeah I'm hoping so, from what I heard the heads are better for boat anchors! lol. I either want to go with the holley or a 454 throttle body. Also there is a guy about 2 hours south of me that can burn a custom chip on the dyno to make sure A/F is right on and help with any idle issues. I just want to be sure what is going to be available before I can really choose a cam to work with the combo. Obviously a nice torque happy cam will work best with the stroker motor. I think I read that they are coming out with an air gap intake for these? I could very well be wrong. Just sucks that there isn't much available as far as aftermarket. I am probably wrong but someone also told me that vortec heads would fit on here? Anybody know if that will work or not?
Thanks for the help.
Old 06-23-2005, 08:00 PM   #4 (permalink)

Member # 41243
Where did you get the TBI stroker kit?
Laynez71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2005, 07:10 PM   #5 (permalink)

Member # 36334
Amazingly, e-bay. $820 to my door. balanced and all. Came with the new flexplate and balancer, eagle crank and rods, kb flat top pistons, bearings and rings. Pretty much all I have left for the shortblock is the gaskets, freeze plugs, timing chain and cam. And machine work of course. I already had a spare motor to tear down for this project so I can still drive it around till it is finished.