complete bolt kit needed 78 chevy 4x4 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Brand Specific Tech > Chevy
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2005, 06:21 PM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 53253
complete bolt kit needed 78 chevy 4x4

I am building this chevy from the frame up and want a complete bolt kit to put it back together. I found a kit for 67-72 chevy pickups but not for anything newer. Any help would be nice.
FOURTRAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2005, 07:08 PM   #2 (permalink)

Member # 20804
A trip to fastenal or grainger and buy boxes of grade 8 and stainless in the sizes you want... here we go to the surplus aircraft hardware stores and buy the stuff by the pound....

A "KIT" is something someone else would overcharge you for.... if you want original fasteners... sandblast and coat the ones you have
Old 09-10-2005, 08:56 PM   #3 (permalink)

Member # 53253
kit, I said I want a KIT, any dumb *&%$ can go to the hardware store and spend a few hours chasing bolts. I will say this again. I have found KITS for older chevys, but not for my year. I've done the 10 trips to the hardware stores before. You don't save much $$$. Time is money ya know! So if you don't have a dirrect answer to my question, just go to the next thread.
Old 09-10-2005, 09:18 PM   #4 (permalink)

Member # 5132
Quote:
Originally Posted by camsk5
A trip to fastenal or grainger and buy boxes of grade 8 and stainless in the sizes you want... here we go to the surplus aircraft hardware stores and buy the stuff by the pound....

A "KIT" is something someone else would overcharge you for.... if you want original fasteners... sandblast and coat the ones you have
Hey, thanks for giving me an idea. I'll take a trip down to the local hardware store, buy some nuts and bolts and put together a bolt kit. Since it seems like there's dumbasses out there that are too stupid to search the web long and hard enough to find out exactly what bolts they would need, write it down on a piece of paper then make the trip down to the store.

You think $12K is too much to ask for these kits??????????????

Bubba Ray Boudreaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2005, 09:51 PM   #5 (permalink)

Member # 53253
Hey, Its Bubba Gump Again. Stupid Is..........
Old 09-10-2005, 10:13 PM   #6 (permalink)

Member # 5132
Old 09-10-2005, 11:24 PM   #7 (permalink)

Member # 52028
I've got a couple of kits. What year? engine? body style? brake line routing? tonnage? Do you need the ones for the glove box too?
dubbyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2005, 11:36 PM   #8 (permalink)
mj

Member # 1919
totally stainless sells a few nice kits
just got a catalogue for them after my brother ordered a kit through Jeff'sBroncoGraveyard
real nice kit
going to get one for my Chev
mj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005, 02:46 AM   #9 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 41764
Honestly man, have evaluated yourself recently? This is an extreme rock crawling site and is awesome for the tech it has to offer in that respect...not on how to bolt together the panels on your chevy truck.

Your first 2 threads on your first day are:
I want a kit to rebuild a Chevy truck.
I want better steering on Chevy axle doing a "hysteer" mod, Im cheap too.

1) Do you have any idea how much a resto kit for a complete truck would cost?
2) This is why "any idiot" goes and gets the bolts at the local hardware store.
3) Hi-steer has nothing to do with better steering, what your after is cross over steering...search it.
4)Hi-steer moves the tie-rod to the top of the axle(either in front or behind depending on the arms you purchase) and prevents you from smashing the tie-rod to peices on rocks...in theory at least. Im sure with your IQ you could manage to shatter a 1.5" .50wall DOM tie-rod even with hi-steer behind the axle.

After you stop using the english language like a 3rd grader and gain some intelligence allowing you the ability to operate the search function maybe you can come up with some questions that actually deserve to be asked on this board, until then STFU retard.

No one is ever gone if they are always remembered.
JasonPayneMemorial
bggrnchvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005, 09:08 AM   #10 (permalink)

Member # 20804
Thanks for the well thought out reply bggrnchvy....

I was trying to be nice to a new, and obviously, immature poster....

as we all know 150-200 dollars in new grade 8 or stainless hardware does an entire truck....
and as we all also know...or should know after an education... there is no "kit" that any intelligent person would buy for hardware for a vehicle restoration... I mean perhaps something for a ferrari 100 point showcar....but then again if you knew how to restore a car you would already know about bolts

Fourtrax has shown..both by his noob posts,, and his immature language.. that he deserves no further responses... unless he wants to buy a hardware kit... in which case I have one for sale for 1973-current chevy trucks... um lets see...

comes with no directions, you'll have to figure out how to screw them in

bolts come in boxes, in different lengths... you'll have to figure that one out

bolts may not duplicate original fasteners exactly but are equal to or better than factory quality...especially if you have done any research about grades and uses...

they dont say chevy on them... but for you... Ill get some little west coast chopper stickers to put on them... caus...your cool and know what your doing

but wait theres more... if you buy today.. for an extra $9.95 the men of pirate will include
.... an air change kit for your tires
.... muffler bearings... the upgraded kind for special people
..... a universal left handed adjustable wrench.... for those special "kit" bolts that are hard to install

disclaimer
knuckleheads should always know what they are talking about before speaking

I think I can beat the 12 thousand bid... Ill do it for $4995.00... bubba can split my profits with me

Bubba... thanks for the backup... maybe he'll stumble down your road sometime and can chat with you....on the hood of the B&W,,,,,... thats why we have ticket books,,,now isnt it

thanks all.... isnt pirate fun...

cam

Last edited by camsk5; 09-11-2005 at 09:13 AM.
camsk5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005, 09:35 AM   #11 (permalink)

Member # 5132
Quote:
Thanks for the well thought out reply bggrnchvy....

I was trying to be nice to a new, and obviously, immature poster....

as we all know 150-200 dollars in new grade 8 or stainless hardware does an entire truck....
and as we all also know...or should know after an education... there is no "kit" that any intelligent person would buy for hardware for a vehicle restoration... I mean perhaps something for a ferrari 100 point showcar....but then again if you knew how to restore a car you would already know about bolts

Fourtrax has shown..both by his noob posts,, and his immature language.. that he deserves no further responses... unless he wants to buy a hardware kit... in which case I have one for sale for 1973-current chevy trucks... um lets see...

comes with no directions, you'll have to figure out how to screw them in

bolts come in boxes, in different lengths... you'll have to figure that one out

bolts may not duplicate original fasteners exactly but are equal to or better than factory quality...especially if you have done any research about grades and uses...

they dont say chevy on them... but for you... Ill get some little west coast chopper stickers to put on them... caus...your cool and know what your doing

but wait theres more... if you buy today.. for an extra $9.95 the men of pirate will include
.... an air change kit for your tires
.... muffler bearings... the upgraded kind for special people
..... a universal left handed adjustable wrench.... for those special "kit" bolts that are hard to install

disclaimer
knuckleheads should always know what they are talking about before speaking

I think I can beat the 12 thousand bid... Ill do it for $4995.00... bubba can split my profits with me

Bubba... thanks for the backup... maybe he'll stumble down your road sometime and can chat with you....on the hood of the B&W,,,,,... thats why we have ticket books,,,now isnt it

thanks all.... isnt pirate fun...

cam

Old 09-11-2005, 09:38 AM   #12 (permalink)
mj

Member # 1919
Bubba should be restricted to the chit chat sections
Old 09-11-2005, 09:49 AM   #13 (permalink)

Member # 20804
We should take bubbas taser away from him... that would probably spell the end to the aclu... they would have anymore cases
Old 09-11-2005, 09:59 AM   #14 (permalink)

Member # 5132
Quote:
We should take bubbas taser away from him... that would probably spell the end to the aclu... they would have anymore cases
Old 09-11-2005, 05:11 PM   #15 (permalink)

Member # 53253
dude I have found a complete stainless kit. Thanks to one of the good ol' Americans posting on this "extreme 4x4 site". Never mind your" extreme 4x4 site" Can't we all just get along? If you don't like someones post, just skip it......and go onto the next...etc...Its not difficult, most of us on these sites do that and don't freek out!
Old 09-11-2005, 05:12 PM   #16 (permalink)
mj

Member # 1919
I hope you didnt just call me an American
Old 09-11-2005, 05:21 PM   #17 (permalink)

Member # 53253
I am glad you know so much about chevys. I want some of that knowledge and was hoping this was a good ol' american forum site that could offer up some advise for us newbees. You got to start somewhere.
I also didn't know to use this site that I had to have perfect english and not make any mistakes typing or writing down my thoughts.
some of you guys even have american flags for your avator. I will have to say that is very misleading. Americans should not pray on Americans.
Old 09-11-2005, 05:26 PM   #18 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 41764
No Americans should pray on dumbfucks, like yourself, that masquerade behind a shield of patriatism in an attempt to shield rightfully placed blows from other real Americans. Please, remember its not accross the street, its down the road, make the first time count.

No one is ever gone if they are always remembered.
JasonPayneMemorial
bggrnchvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005, 07:17 PM   #19 (permalink)

Member # 20804
OK... to be nice Ill continue the education..perhaps hes misguided

Stainless hardware is usually weaker... on par or less than grade 5,,, not good for any wear part on a vehicle that actually goes outside the mall

so endth this lesson...

Bubba ... YOUVE JUST SUBSCRIBED to a good 'ol "FREAK OUT"... shades of the 60s and mushrooms....

I think he called me "dude".... like... is he from the valley or something?
Old 09-11-2005, 11:43 PM   #20 (permalink)

Member # 5132
Quote:
OK... to be nice Ill continue the education..perhaps hes misguided

Stainless hardware is usually weaker... on par or less than grade 5,,, not good for any wear part on a vehicle that actually goes outside the mall

so endth this lesson...

Bubba ... YOUVE JUST SUBSCRIBED to a good 'ol "FREAK OUT"... shades of the 60s and mushrooms....

I think he called me "dude".... like... is he from the valley or something?
I wonder about that, but I've had recent dealings with a young, misguided youth. Every other word was "dude." He would even say "yes sir dude." He said it so much that he got us saying it.
Old 09-11-2005, 11:45 PM   #21 (permalink)

Member # 5132
Quote:
Originally Posted by FOURTRAX
I am glad you know so much about chevys. I want some of that knowledge and was hoping this was a good ol' american forum site that could offer up some advise for us newbees. You got to start somewhere.
I also didn't know to use this site that I had to have perfect english and not make any mistakes typing or writing down my thoughts.
some of you guys even have american flags for your avator. I will have to say that is very misleading. Americans should not pray on Americans.
Maybe you should lurk around and learn how the site works before mouthing off. Of course that's after you insert your organ into a vat of battery acid so the world isn't weighted down by your spawn................