t-bar ? 95 chevy 3500 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Brand Specific Tech > Chevy
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2005, 04:31 AM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 62729
t-bar ? 95 chevy 3500

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, I ran in to a problem last night. I just got a set of 16x10 rims for my truck to replace the factory set on my 285 something tires(almost a 33") It was tearing up my centers in my tires. Well you probably know what i'm going to say next. Now the tires rub front and back. So I engaged brain into reverse and jacked the torsion bars all the way up. Now I think that there is absoluty no suspension movement up front.
Is it possible that I took it up so far the suspension is at full drop. (my adjuster bolt wouldn't go in all the way.) If so wouldn't this mean that I could back it off a little and I would get some of my ride back without sacraficing wheel clearence? Its only rubbing on the back of my fender at the flare now. Any input would be great before I completly destroy my ball joints. Unfortunaly I hadn't planed on lifting this for a while as it is my tow rig. Looks like I may have to locate a cheap 4 in suspension. I can't body lift it cause I have a goose neck hitch in the back.
primerk5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005, 04:58 AM   #2 (permalink)

Member # 16536
if you cranked it all the way, then yes, you probly are at full droop. I cranked mine a 1/4 turn, and I'm not too far away from my bumpstops. Get a hammer and tap the bottom part of the fender where it hits back some, did that to mine and it stopped from rubbing.