64 GMC Locking Hub or parts (warn) - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Brand Specific Tech > Chevy
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2006, 07:16 PM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 76680
64 GMC Locking Hub or parts (warn)

I am having a rough time finding hubs or parts for this truck. The backing aluminum body of this hub got broken, anyone have a warn hub (internal mount) or a set of selectros for this thing, I am putting it here in the Tech area because I can't figure out what hub fits this thing. I think it may be the same as the chevy, but can't find any of the manafacturers info that specifies a GMC, they only spec. a chevy. I think they are selectro 11001 hubs, any info would be great. A part for the warn hub would be great too.
Thanks

it is a 1/2 ton

Last edited by fireballv82003; 08-04-2006 at 07:24 PM.
fireballv82003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 08:29 AM   #2 (permalink)

Member # 16536
Should be the same thing, they were just about the same truck. Any older 4x4 should work, as long as it's half ton. Dana still made axles for them back then.
Old 08-05-2006, 12:49 PM   #3 (permalink)

Member # 15404
Are you sure it is the origional factory 4x4 axle?

Guys like Nebco did alot of convershions. Plus there were alot of axle swaps with newer axles. Parts for those early axles are very limited.

Couple things to look at: Is it a dana44 center section? Does it have closed knuckles? Does it have drum brakes? The answer should be yes to all if it the origional axle.

Pics would be be very good.

I have a complete 3/4 ton axle with 4:56 gears and lockouts from a 61 chevy that I will be yanking out. Its a little greasy but everything works...even the drum brakes. I am replacing it with a newer 80's style axle. If you are interested make me an offer.

But if you are wheeling this truck I would suggest you do the same thing I am doing....

Also post some pics of the truck there arn't many people wheeling these old rigs anymore.
Old 08-06-2006, 12:20 PM   #4 (permalink)

Member # 76680
I am probably going to put it back original, my dad had on when I was a kid and I would like to have a daily driver with some character. It is the original axle. The truck has 67k orginal miles and is still very tight. the body is beat up a little with the usual rust in the usual places but very repairable. about the only total loss areas on the body are the front fenders, everything else is pretty good. I will try to post pics as soon as I figure out how.
fireballv82003 is offline   Reply With Quote