Pirate 4x4 banner

Pirate Worthy?

2K views 27 replies 18 participants last post by  redbeast 
#1 ·
Kinda stole the design from Sky-Manufacturing but what do ya'll think about my shackle hangers. Are they pirate worthy or just plain booty fab:D?

See less See more
#2 ·
i would try to clean up the edges a little bit. but its all about if they will hold up. the structure looks good but cant really tell if the welds are. if you think it will hold to your driving type then run it.

#11 · (Edited)
My first thought when I saw the first picture with the beer was wow he just ran out and bought a new case of beer to take a picture with! You better be drinkin that down this weekend :flipoff2:

Hangers look good. Welds look good too. Some of em are a little fugly but it doesnt always matter how good a weld looks as long as it has good penetration. And I must say you did a good job.

#18 ·
Use a piece of angle iron to steady your cuts. Buy a flapper wheel for your 4.5" angle grinder ( or did you try to clean those up with your bench grinder - look like it )

Yea, looks booty to me - little more grinding and you'd be on your way to sweet.

#21 ·
I'll drink just about any beer really not too picky (can't stand coors though:barf: :flipoff2: ).I'm gonna clean them up and start on my front brackets this weekend. I should have used some type of straight edge when cutting but I was using a cutting torch so I knew it was going to look like shit no matter what. If I could find a good used plasma cutter for a reasonable price I'd get one but right now all my moneys going into the truck so a new ones out of the question. Thanks everbody for your complements, I'll post pictures of my front brackets when I get them done. Might even turn this into a build thread. And a little info on what Im building, or I'm planing to build:rolleyes: : '88 silverado SAS, 52" springs and a HPD60 up front, stock springs with shackle flip and 14bff out back, 4.88 gears, detroit lockers front and back, 1350 driveshafts with an sye, all sitting on 38" PJ Dirt Grips. Or this is my latest version, it seems I've changed my mind about 10 times:D .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.