350 starter question - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum
 
Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Brand Specific Tech > Chevy
Notices

Reply
 
Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2001, 07:49 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered User
 
brector's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Member # 192
Location: Knoxvegas, TN
Posts: 1,165
Send a message via AIM to brector Send a message via Yahoo to brector
Question 350 starter question

Someone told me you can tell what the tooth count for the flexplate is by looking at the starter bolt pattern. I think he said straight bolts are the 15x teeth and the offset bolt pattern was the 16x one. Is this true?? I need a starter and flexplate for my late 70's 350. Thanks!!!
__________________
-Brian

1 ton yoda

I make nerd sexy
brector is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-26-2001, 08:48 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Member # 2587
Location: 38*45.859N 120*34.534W (N. Ca) Future location of beachfront property.
Posts: 3,516
Post

i've heard the same thing, but never used / seen a parallel bolt starter or used the smaller stuff. <IMG SRC="smilies/fj.gif" border="0">
Aggro is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Old 10-26-2001, 08:49 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered User
 
brector's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Member # 192
Location: Knoxvegas, TN
Posts: 1,165
Send a message via AIM to brector Send a message via Yahoo to brector
Question

Quote:
Originally posted by Aggro:
<STRONG>i've heard the same thing, but never used / seen a parallel bolt starter or used the smaller stuff. <IMG SRC="smilies/fj.gif" border="0"></STRONG>
So basically if I get a starter that matches my bolt pattern and a flexplate that matches the starter's tooth count - I'll be in business?
__________________
-Brian

1 ton yoda

I make nerd sexy
brector is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-26-2001, 09:15 AM   #4 (permalink)
Rock God
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Member # 3694
Location: Chesapeake, VA, USA
Posts: 2,016
Post

Quote:
Originally posted by brector:
<STRONG>So basically if I get a starter that matches my bolt pattern and a flexplate that matches the starter's tooth count - I'll be in business?</STRONG>
YEP...Now help me fix my sig. pic problem!! What exactly do I insert into the box? I uploaded the 1 you shrunk for me. Cut and paste it what I need and I'll fix it.....Thanks ....
__________________
Need Steering? www.shakerbuilt.com
Too Many Projects not enough Time...
Shaker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-26-2001, 09:46 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered User
 
brector's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Member # 192
Location: Knoxvegas, TN
Posts: 1,165
Send a message via AIM to brector Send a message via Yahoo to brector
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally posted by Shaker:
<STRONG>YEP...Now help me fix my sig. pic problem!! What exactly do I insert into the box? I uploaded the 1 you shrunk for me. Cut and paste it what I need and I'll fix it.....Thanks ....</STRONG>
Ok - paste this into your sig pic line in the my profile:
http://www.pirate4x4.com/ubb/uploads/shaker12.jpg
__________________
-Brian

1 ton yoda

I make nerd sexy
brector is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-26-2001, 10:08 AM   #6 (permalink)
Rock God
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Member # 3694
Location: Chesapeake, VA, USA
Posts: 2,016
Post

I did it.....Now let's see if it works....Thanks <IMG SRC="smilies/biggrin.gif" border="0"> <IMG SRC="smilies/biggrin.gif" border="0"> <IMG SRC="smilies/crybaby2.gif" border="0">
__________________
Need Steering? www.shakerbuilt.com
Too Many Projects not enough Time...
Shaker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-26-2001, 11:41 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered User
 
brector's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Member # 192
Location: Knoxvegas, TN
Posts: 1,165
Send a message via AIM to brector Send a message via Yahoo to brector
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally posted by Shaker:
<STRONG>I did it.....Now let's see if it works....Thanks <IMG SRC="smilies/biggrin.gif" border="0"> <IMG SRC="smilies/biggrin.gif" border="0"> <IMG SRC="smilies/crybaby2.gif" border="0"></STRONG>
No problem - you've helped me enough in the past <IMG SRC="smilies/biggrin.gif" border="0"> <IMG SRC="smilies/biggrin.gif" border="0">
__________________
-Brian

1 ton yoda

I make nerd sexy
brector is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-26-2001, 01:05 PM   #8 (permalink)
Rock God
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Member # 3694
Location: Chesapeake, VA, USA
Posts: 2,016
Post

Quote:
Originally posted by brector:
<STRONG>No problem - you've helped me enough in the past <IMG SRC="smilies/biggrin.gif" border="0"> <IMG SRC="smilies/biggrin.gif" border="0"></STRONG>
No Sweat thanks again.....Oh yeah look on the Toyota board of the 91 4 Runner I just finished..... <IMG SRC="smilies/eek.gif" border="0"> <IMG SRC="smilies/eek.gif" border="0"> <IMG SRC="smilies/eek.gif" border="0"> <IMG SRC="smilies/beer.gif" border="0">
__________________
Need Steering? www.shakerbuilt.com
Too Many Projects not enough Time...
Shaker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-27-2001, 12:10 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Member # 7707
Location: Battle Creek Michigan
Posts: 32
Thumbs down

Shaker get real <IMG SRC="smilies/flipoff.gif" border="0"> get american or get lost <IMG SRC="smilies/flipoff.gif" border="0">
__________________
76CJ5 on a 79 bronco frame Dana 44 front 1/4 Eliptical 9" rear with a spool 6" susp,3" body and a 460ci 42-15-15 TSL'S still building!!
Jeepinguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-28-2001, 02:07 PM   #10 (permalink)
Rock God
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Member # 3694
Location: Chesapeake, VA, USA
Posts: 2,016
Post

Quote:
Originally posted by Jeepinguy:
<STRONG>Shaker get real <IMG SRC="smilies/flipoff.gif" border="0"> get american or get lost <IMG SRC="smilies/flipoff.gif" border="0"></STRONG>
Hey "cheesedick" if you knew what my trucks had in them you wouldn't be saying that. FAWKN NEWBIE <IMG SRC="smilies/flipoff.gif" border="0"> <IMG SRC="smilies/flipoff.gif" border="0"> Get your head outta your ass you <IMG SRC="smilies/clown.gif" border="0"> <IMG SRC="smilies/rainbow.gif" border="0">
__________________
Need Steering? www.shakerbuilt.com
Too Many Projects not enough Time...
Shaker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-28-2001, 08:01 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Member # 2685
Location: Stafford, VA
Posts: 2,821
Post

Quote:
Originally posted by Shaker:
<STRONG>Hey "cheesedick" if you knew what my trucks had in them you wouldn't be saying that. FAWKN NEWBIE <IMG SRC="smilies/flipoff.gif" border="0"> <IMG SRC="smilies/flipoff.gif" border="0"> Get your head outta your ass you <IMG SRC="smilies/clown.gif" border="0"> <IMG SRC="smilies/rainbow.gif" border="0"></STRONG>
HAHAHA Get 'em Shaker <IMG SRC="smilies/biggrin.gif" border="0"> <IMG SRC="smilies/biggrin.gif" border="0">
__________________
www.PoorBoys4wd.com
convertiyota is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-29-2001, 06:47 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered User
 
brector's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Member # 192
Location: Knoxvegas, TN
Posts: 1,165
Send a message via AIM to brector Send a message via Yahoo to brector
Cool

Quote:
Originally posted by Convertiyota:
<STRONG>HAHAHA Get 'em Shaker <IMG SRC="smilies/biggrin.gif" border="0"> <IMG SRC="smilies/biggrin.gif" border="0"></STRONG>
LOL!!!

Eat it newbie <IMG SRC="smilies/thefinger.gif" border="0">
__________________
-Brian

1 ton yoda

I make nerd sexy
brector is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:31 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.