Pirate 4x4 banner

12bolt and 44s

1K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  Travis_K 
#1 ·
do you think that a 12 bolt with a diff sattle and 44s are a good idea or to big of tires for the axel. what do you think

#2 ·
Yup, keep it. There's no way a 44" tire would be able to break a 12 bolt axle, even stock. I'd run at least 5.13 gears though, that way the pinion gets stronger. You should be able to run at least 500 horse too no problems...

PS, try the search button and hold on tight.

#3 ·
bang
what was that ?

that was the sound of your 12bolt snapping like a toothpick with those 44's on there.
IMLOA i would go no bigger than 36's on a 12 bolt:eek:

#4 ·
dogss said:
do you think that a 12 bolt with a diff sattle and 44s are a good idea or to big of tires for the axel. what do you think
Hopefully you are trying to describe and axle with a 12 lug bolt pattern from a very large truck and not a GM Corporate 12 bolt.

That diff sattle :rolleyes: is really gonna help only if its chrome.

Just like MR4WD said, go for it. No worries.

#8 ·
12 bolt and 44's......BAHAWAWAWAWAWAWAWAWAWAWAWAHHH!

If you slap 14 chrome shocks with neon boots on it it might hold up. Ahhh, memories of the eighties. I say go for it, I've got a bunch of twelve bolts laying around I'll make you a good deal on, nobody else wants them. Some with the ultra high performance 2.73 gears and Gov-lok diffs.

#9 · (Edited)
I know a guy with a jeep with 383 that has been running a D44 with 44s and an ARB. He said he has only broken 4-5 shafts over 3 years. Since he put the chrome moly's in he has been good for a while. But jeeps are light and the arb is only used where he gets stuck usually on steep hills. Light jeep on steep hill = little weight on front axle. But he has a FF14 rear :D

Charlo

#10 ·
I don't know too much about it, but on a truck on mine, I wouldn't run 44s without a FF rear axle. I have seen 2 trucks lose a wheel on the freeway, and I don't like the though of a 44 inch tire going down the freeway by it's self. (I saw a tire and wheel fly almost about 15 feet in the air off of a blazer at 75 on the freeway) That's just my opinion though :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.