Coolant Temp Sensor Pigtail ID - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Brand Specific Tech > Chevy
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2010, 03:59 PM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 62107
Coolant Temp Sensor Pigtail ID

First off it's a 95 Chevy K1500 TBI 350 that was rebuilt by the previous owner. I went to buy a coolant temp sensor and all of the parts stores have sensors that are 2 wire pigtails.

The one on my truck is a one wire and looks like this:

The one all the parts stores have looks like this:

I'd just swap the pigtail but it's one wire vs two. Anyone know what year Chevys had a pigtail like that?
flip124 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-15-2010, 04:17 PM   #2 (permalink)

Member # 44659
The one wire connector goes to the drivers side head for the temp sender for the dash gauge.

The two wire is the temp sensor in the intake manifold next to the thermostat for the ECM.
Old 05-15-2010, 04:18 PM   #3 (permalink)
fume sniffer

Member # 122979
The one wire sensor in your picture is for the gauge, and there should be a two wire sensor for the computer in the intake manifold next to the t-stat housing.

lumpdog beat me to it.

Last edited by rocklobster87; 05-15-2010 at 04:19 PM.
rocklobster87 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-15-2010, 10:21 PM   #4 (permalink)

Member # 80052
Send a message via MSN to the_experience3006 Send a message via Yahoo to the_experience3006
The Standard number for the sender (ask for a "switch") is TS-253. I don't remember the pigtail number off the top of my head, but I'm pretty sure it's an S-xxx number, not something easy like TX-3A (the pigtail for the TX-3 temp sensor everyone is trying to sell you).

Hopefully having the right sensor in hand will get the parts guys closer to getting you the pigtail...I know we have them on the shelf at work and sometimes that's the easiest way to find them.

[QUOTE=TexasBlake;10305687]She's not that hot. I was just looking for a quick lay and she all wanted to like go on dates and shit.
[/QUOTE]
the_experience3006 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-16-2010, 02:26 AM   #5 (permalink)

Member # 62107
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_experience3006 View Post
The Standard number for the sender (ask for a "switch") is TS-253. I don't remember the pigtail number off the top of my head, but I'm pretty sure it's an S-xxx number, not something easy like TX-3A (the pigtail for the TX-3 temp sensor everyone is trying to sell you).

Hopefully having the right sensor in hand will get the parts guys closer to getting you the pigtail...I know we have them on the shelf at work and sometimes that's the easiest way to find them.
Thanks, I ended up replacing both of them because they were both so brittle that the plastic just crumbled. Therefore I didn't have anything to bring in plus parts guys are dumb asses. I saw the one on the side of the head but didn't see the one at the front of the intake. I'm retarded too i guess.

Thanks.
flip124 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-16-2010, 09:01 AM   #6 (permalink)

Member # 80052
Send a message via MSN to the_experience3006 Send a message via Yahoo to the_experience3006
I'll look for you tomorrow and come up with the Standard number for the pigtail on the gauge sensor in the head if you don't come up with one by then.

[QUOTE=TexasBlake;10305687]She's not that hot. I was just looking for a quick lay and she all wanted to like go on dates and shit.
[/QUOTE]
the_experience3006 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-21-2010, 09:44 PM   #7 (permalink)

Member # 40754
Send a message via AIM to Crank
http://www.acdelcotechconnect.com/pi...cavity/female/

Look at the PT728, it looks like about the most similar.
Crank is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.