Pirate 4x4 banner

what box should i do

The 76 shit build.

23K views 144 replies 31 participants last post by  chevy76 
#1 ·
Every one on this site is saying "o shit its him again" but no it will be better i'm going to post all the pictures of my truck up with there is a bout 3 pages worth. This one wont end up like my other thread 5 god dam pages of fricken non sense. 1 role i'm going to have, don't talk shit about my grammar u can talk shit about my truck ::D:D

On with my truck. It was about 2 years ago when my dad passed it on to me. It was his wheeler so it was quite up screwed up, when I got it, it had his small block in it that was his baby though. There was a lot on money spent on that motor, you all know what I mean. The motor mounts were cracked it looks like the old owner tried to weld it but failed miserably so I just fully re did it all.

The first thing we did was rip the whole body off it was as useless as tits on a jelly fish, there was rust every were. I grinded down the chassis and painted it with POR15. After that was don't we went out and hunted down a cab, that was a bitch to. There is not many trucks like that left there getting harder and harder to find. But I found one. It was funny because my dad handed the keys to me and said there is the truck go rip the cab off. Lol I did that and I will just write when I put the pictures up.

#127 ·
well it has come...today was its first time moving under its own power in 4 to 5 years. its taken me 3 years to do what i have done but it sat for the a few to. i drove it down the driveway and back it seems to be fine. little clonking in the front end. i think it's the stabilizer shock (i was going to get a new one anyway) but i cant think of what else it can be. but it was exciting but now it has to come to an end soon. The motor is going to come out, I got a new aluminum bootie high rise intake and now I just need some 202 it 194 small chamber heads and im going to throw a lumpy cam and new lifters at it to. But I hope by the end of my summer break I will hopefully have the motor complete and in. depends on money right.

#130 ·
thanks. this one isn't the one thats going in but thats all my stuff on it, intake, carb, valve covers every thing but the air cleaner. i just thought it was a cool picture.:smokin:

#134 ·
best christmas ever! got a sandblaster and my dads buddy bill gave me a brand new set of "bow-tie 202 heads. they have been shaved, ported. block goes to the shop tomorrow hopefully to rebuilt. pretty stoked also bought a new fender a week or so ago.

heads

works good! my new bow-tie intake and dads valve covers.

#136 · (Edited)
well its gotten pulled outta the ditch and worked on again..

new box

disk brakes, detroit locker, 38s

new dana 44 up front bolt outers till i find a good 60..40s not my tires

i have big plans happening for this truck but want to start them before i start mentioning them...

#137 · (Edited)
so just yesterday for my graduation present i got a millermatic 180 auto set... well i love it would highly recommend it for a hobbyist...

but i got a question about the push pull steering.. yes its useless but i want to bebale to drive it how it is until i do cross over and a dana 60 with the cummins.. yes its getting a 12 valve..

well it steers far one way and not as far the otherway.. i know u cant get them perfect but what was some of your push\pull arm measurements? and yes i have a raised j-arm

an thats all i had the otherway..

new welder.. the lincoln is pretty much for body work now

wll had to test it out somehow.. fix my dads excavator bucket

just another random pic of it

i know its not much compared to most of the stuff on here.. but im proud of it lol

anyhelp will work.. feel free to flame :grinpimp:

#142 ·
but i got a question about the push pull steering.. yes its useless but i want to bebale to drive it how it is until i do cross over and a dana 60 with the cummins.. yes its getting a 12 valve..

well it steers far one way and not as far the otherway.. i know u cant get them perfect but what was some of your push\pull arm measurements? and yes i have a raised j-arm
For the steering, just adjust the draglink (part between the steering arm on the box and the arm on the knuckle) in or out so you have equal steering in either direction. I believe that shortening the draglink by screwing in both ends is the direction you need to go.

For the street and mild off-road the stock push-pull steering is perfectly fine, especially with basically a stock suspension design. The only real advantage crossover has is when off-road and flexing the front out a lot.

#145 ·
hahaha yea that was a few years back hhahah

You're truck actually turned out pretty nice. It wasn't looking too promising from the first post, but you've pulled it off so far. Good job!
yea thanks man. it wasent much its taken way to much time to build but looks llike it will be getting a diesel drive tain and used as a tow rig/weekend wheeler maybe. see what happens when i have a shop to build it in.. thanks guys

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.