Pirate 4x4 banner

what box should i do

The 76 shit build.

23K views 144 replies 31 participants last post by  chevy76 
#1 ·
Every one on this site is saying "o shit its him again" but no it will be better i'm going to post all the pictures of my truck up with there is a bout 3 pages worth. This one wont end up like my other thread 5 god dam pages of fricken non sense. 1 role i'm going to have, don't talk shit about my grammar u can talk shit about my truck ::D:D

On with my truck. It was about 2 years ago when my dad passed it on to me. It was his wheeler so it was quite up screwed up, when I got it, it had his small block in it that was his baby though. There was a lot on money spent on that motor, you all know what I mean. The motor mounts were cracked it looks like the old owner tried to weld it but failed miserably so I just fully re did it all.

The first thing we did was rip the whole body off it was as useless as tits on a jelly fish, there was rust every were. I grinded down the chassis and painted it with POR15. After that was don't we went out and hunted down a cab, that was a bitch to. There is not many trucks like that left there getting harder and harder to find. But I found one. It was funny because my dad handed the keys to me and said there is the truck go rip the cab off. Lol I did that and I will just write when I put the pictures up.

#29 ·
Shit that you need to address:

1. The frame needs a steering box brace of some sort even if you guys welded up the cracks, they are going to show up again if you dont brace it up.

2. Get rid of the sway bar, its ugly, kills flex, makes the ride rougher, and eats up the bushings with a lift .

3. Your rear leaf packs are extremely heavy and stiff. If you want to haul heavy loads constantly then keep them, otherwise for off roading and regular street driving they are going to suck.

4. You should really go to cross over steering since you have the flat top d44 knuckle for it. If not ship the knuckle to me and ill ship you mine.

5. Why are you going through all this work to still reuse the crappy np 203?

#31 ·
Shit that you need to address:

1. The frame needs a steering box brace of some sort even if you guys welded up the cracks, they are going to show up again if you dont brace it up.
When I put the small block in it I will do one. Can I make one? Are they easy to make?
2. Get rid of the sway bar, its ugly, kills flex, makes the ride rougher, and eats up the bushings with a lift . Hmm i never thought of that maby I will, will it make it handle worse?

3. Your rear leaf packs are extremely heavy and stiff. If you want to haul heavy loads constantly then keep them, otherwise for off roading and regular street driving they are going to suck. Haaha I know there brutally big. I might just take some leafs out or I'll just leave them in till I get new 3 inch ark pair.

4. You should really go to cross over steering since you have the flat top d44 knuckle for it. If not ship the knuckle to me and ill ship you mine. I am going to do the cos in it i just need to get the money. And I have 5 knuckles for you, it's called a knuckle sandwich.

5. Why are you going through all this work to still reuse the crappy np 203?
. I'm using the 203 because it was in the truck when I got it, it's the only one I have, it dose have the 2wd kit in it tho, at least think it dose.

This post has been deleted
#33 ·
Bud if you cant stand the heat stay out of the kitchen. Your going to get all kinds of opinions. if you don't like it. don't post any pics of your stuff . It is just that simple

#34 ·
No, i'm fine with it. I can take it loll. But all the suggestions are helping me. i talked to my dad a bout the steering brace and the cross over steering when i save enough money up.

#35 · (Edited)
so you took a stock rusty piece of shit and painted over all that rust and shitty stock crap with shitty black paint and did a shitty job at it , come on if you can do all this why cant you take apart everything , wire wheel it to get rid of the rust and then paint it right ? i do cheap shit but i dont halfass shit , sorry to flame but my biggest pet pieves is when shit gets done half ass. to me if i took all that time to pull a good lookin cab and clip like that from a junkyard and do all that work that i would have spent alot more time makin eveything else look good since the cab was already off???
truck looks good with the cab on tho ill give you that , i like stock rims and lift alot! , just think you should have took more time to do the frame right and do a suspension lift instead of body lift

#36 · (Edited)
The frame I did do right, I wire wheeled the whole thing then painted it during the summer I don't se what u mean about doing a shitty job. As for the lift it dose have a 3 inch suspenchin lift in it then the 3 inch body lift was so I could get the t case in since the cab was off a 2wd the trans tunnel is smaller. but i didn't rip the whole chassis right down bear because i have a date it needs to be done by. Working part time and going to school the other part its hard to get a lot of shit done.
Thanks I like the stock wheels to but I would like to find the chrome rally rings for them and paint the rims black. Maybe ill do that this week?

#37 ·
i just would have taken everything apart , suspension , axles , steering , cleaned everything and painted , put back together with new bushings , would have looked sweet imo but hey to each his own , i guess its not goin gto kill anyone being painted over rust unlike some of the whack jobs that come threw here cough cough flat billers with blazer on front blocks for "mock up" cough cough , sorry had somethin in my throat :flipoff2:

but yeah i agree with the chrome rings on the rims , thatd look really good , my favorite look on a shortbed chevy is 4" lift , stock rims just like you have with the chrome rings on 33's :smokin:

what are your plans for color? and any motor mods or just get it drivin?

#41 ·
yeah I wish I had the time to do that to. It would look better and work better if I could.
bahahahahahahhaa thats wicked I looked threw that thread and saw the comments on the blocks lol.

#38 ·
and im not sure you needed the body lift tho? i put an 87c30 cab clip and tbi motor on a 77k10 frame with a th350/203 that i sold to abuddy of mine , he wheels it all the time with no body lift or transdrop , doesnt hit the floor at all , its really close tho . ryan aka ragan on here can vouch for that also ( he helped do the swap )

#45 ·
http://www.offroaddesign.com They have lats of cool parts and upgrades for all the common chevy problems. Very good products also, check them out when you get a minute.

I vote flat bed with integrated roll bar/headache rack and stake pockets for removable sides if you should want to haul stuff.

#50 ·
Alright i will check that out when I get my computer back, right now I'm on this useless pos I pad. :confused: there is a aluminum flat deck with a headache rack I'm thinking of getting.

#58 ·
Lol all right but how do you edit it?

that is exaztly what I was thinking, he dsaid he used Por15 and that shit is expensive. Why waste your money and sime to paint over grime ,oil, and dirt its going to flake off? And its just shiny now so its easier to spot the ugly areas
I did the chassis pretty good I think, all the axles, engine bay, trans members all the greasy parts i de greased it all then grinded it all down the painted it.
From the cab back has to be redone because it sat in the sun.

#60 ·
When I did the chassis I used the de greaser (oven) cleaner lol to do it. I used the pressure washer to hose it off, I did it 2 or 3 times. I could have done a better job but since I did it a year and a half ago there hasn't been any flacking.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.