Pirate 4x4 banner

what box should i do

The 76 shit build.

23K views 144 replies 31 participants last post by  chevy76 
#1 ·
Every one on this site is saying "o shit its him again" but no it will be better i'm going to post all the pictures of my truck up with there is a bout 3 pages worth. This one wont end up like my other thread 5 god dam pages of fricken non sense. 1 role i'm going to have, don't talk shit about my grammar u can talk shit about my truck ::D:D

On with my truck. It was about 2 years ago when my dad passed it on to me. It was his wheeler so it was quite up screwed up, when I got it, it had his small block in it that was his baby though. There was a lot on money spent on that motor, you all know what I mean. The motor mounts were cracked it looks like the old owner tried to weld it but failed miserably so I just fully re did it all.

The first thing we did was rip the whole body off it was as useless as tits on a jelly fish, there was rust every were. I grinded down the chassis and painted it with POR15. After that was don't we went out and hunted down a cab, that was a bitch to. There is not many trucks like that left there getting harder and harder to find. But I found one. It was funny because my dad handed the keys to me and said there is the truck go rip the cab off. Lol I did that and I will just write when I put the pictures up.

#6 ·
When we took the rear breaks apart the drum was seised on, it was a pain in the ass to get off. But we got it off. a lot of the pictures are reference to me when i put new ones in, so i can look at the pictures and say o yeah that goes there lol

the broken one

the steering box came off for welding

all the cracks

getting all cleaned up

#11 · (Edited)
Before and after pictures of the front 3 inch lift going it. i stole the lift from another truck we had laying around. The rear is blocks for now but when i get the money I will do leafs.

now its like this,

i just need some new u bolts

#16 ·
New back bumper. And the box i might not use i might go with a loggers box.

tcace
http://i820.photobucket.com/albums/zz124/rckrawler/P1050630.jpg[/I
MG]

[IMG]http://i820.photobucket.com/albums/zz124/rckrawler/P1050631.jpg

new home, and its dry on there lol, were bolting 2by4s from lag to lag criss cross and putting pea gravel over it then the trucks going it it.

its huge

wrecked back bumper.

we ripped the cab off it and the axles off the parts truck. junked cab

the box im getting new box sides and the front cus the dec is in good shape, im getting them in fibreglass.

its in ruff shape

#17 ·
New inner fenders, truck is in the tent. The tent is held down with a rim buried 2 feet in the ground with a chain up the The surface then it tied to the tent. It works great.

the box is filling up with parts

i doug hols, bolted a chain to a rim, the hole is about 2 feet deep, i dont think the cave is going anywere.

innerfenders

#19 ·
After a long time without doing anything I got my lazy but out there and did something. I stole the dash out of the black truck painted it. And the chrome piece was an ugly green so I sanded it down now it looks better. I put a new used seat into it. It came out of the original cab. Got a gas tank for it today to.

It was time for a new dash.

#21 ·
We had to put a 3 inch body lift in it because the cab is off a 2wd truck and the trans tunnel was to low, The t case was hitting the cab and wouldn't fit. but the 3 inch body lift fixed that.
BEFORE

AFTER

Don't think i put the body lift in because im poor lol i did it so i dident need to hack the cab up.

#22 ·
Its alive, it moves, it works. Other then it has no breaks. ill keep it in the drive way.

Grill is in.

have any of your chev guys tried this. i could not believe it worked. i don't need to slam my doors any more. if u can do it nice enough u can push the door shut with your finger.

interior coming along.

This is the small block that is being rebuilt for this truck. It was in my red 88 but pulled it and parting that truck out.
ps the small block went from the van into a 1988 chevy pick up then it came out again.

how dose it look
thanks for looking

#26 ·
i think what your doing is a great learning experience for a kid your age. just keep working on it and when the older experienced guys get on here and give you advice and direction just listen and learn from them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.