TREC Series First Race March 31st - Page 6 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Competition and Event Info > Competitions and Events
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2012, 07:00 AM   #126 (permalink)

Member # 8402
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROXROES View Post
Is anybody staying the night? We're undecided on staying and tipping a few back or heading back north after.
we will be "camping" fri and sat. I assume the campground is open with water on?
Inviscid Motorsports #9009
Thanks to; Ironman Offroad - Motorcity Machines - Branik Motorsports
michigander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 10:06 AM   #127 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 26577
Quote:
Originally Posted by lwt002 View Post
So is everyone out in the garage working on their stuff or what.... y'all are awfully quiet....
I spent the weekend in the garage also
Attached Images

Hosejockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-20-2012, 02:24 PM   #128 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 936
Send a message via ICQ to macgyvr Send a message via AIM to macgyvr
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROXROES View Post
Is anybody staying the night? We're undecided on staying and tipping a few back or heading back north after.
Quote:
Originally Posted by michigander View Post
we will be "camping" fri and sat. I assume the campground is open with water on?
There will for sure be people camping at the campground...tipping at least a couple back.

The campground is open. I staying there the first weekend in March. I'm not sure if he's turned the water on yet or not. I would think with these warm temps its a good possibility its on. If it stays this nice I'll probably unwinterize my trailer for the trip.

mac 'planning arrival Friday afternoon' gyvr
BFGoodrich/Great Lake Off Road
NAXJA president
Co-DAWG for TREC #747 "The Anger" Ranger

Last edited by macgyvr; 03-20-2012 at 02:24 PM.
macgyvr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 06:36 PM   #129 (permalink)

Member # 17858
Send a message via AIM to jdubbya21 Send a message via Yahoo to jdubbya21 Send a message via Skype™ to jdubbya21
My valve cover doesnt fit!!! Son of A ........

I have a lot of work to do. Really dont know if I am gonna make it....

Josh
Old 03-20-2012, 07:15 PM   #130 (permalink)
Just some dude

Member # 128471
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctec4rxj View Post
...where is tech @?...
Roaming tech is a pretty hot set up... or so they say. Its where the tech guy (me) comes and finds you! Talk about service!

Basically I can't sit still so I tend to cruise around and if I spot a racer throughout the day I will stop and tech them. Official tech will be in the upper lot behind the office at whatever time I posted previously (sorry I forgot what I typed).

Or stop by our camp site. We will be the one with only two people and 50 vehicles... I am usually behind or to the left side of the sheep herder compound immediately inside the campground gate (will will know the sheep herder compound when you see it). Orange TJ #529.

It appears I worked a day off tomorrow - heading down to the shop to install some parts...
Old 03-20-2012, 07:16 PM   #131 (permalink)
Just some dude

Member # 128471
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hosejockey View Post
I spent the weekend in the garage also
That must be the nice side of Flint...

Flint... Fenton.... whatever
Old 03-20-2012, 07:45 PM   #132 (permalink)

Member # 32437
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdubbya21 View Post
My valve cover doesnt fit!!! Son of A ........

I have a lot of work to do. Really dont know if I am gonna make it....

Josh
What valve cover do you need?
Old 03-21-2012, 04:27 AM   #133 (permalink)

Member # 154998
FYI:

When i get there i will have pretty much a good sum of tool there if you guys need to used them; I don't have a portable compressor so its a la brute force.

also if you guys need help I will be in the campground also just find me and i will help or loan out tools. See you guys out there
Old 03-21-2012, 06:23 AM   #134 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 26577
Quote:
FYI:

When i get there i will have pretty much a good sum of tool there if you guys need to used them; I don't have a portable compressor so its a la brute force.

also if you guys need help I will be in the campground also just find me and i will help or loan out tools. See you guys out there
i usually have air. i try to save it for the race to use the impact but if there is something you need air for i have 2 tanks.
Old 03-21-2012, 07:14 PM   #135 (permalink)

Member # 17858
Send a message via AIM to jdubbya21 Send a message via Yahoo to jdubbya21 Send a message via Skype™ to jdubbya21
Quote:
Originally Posted by 78jeepstang View Post
What valve cover do you need?
My valve cover is a little too short with the new rocker arms. I either need to go to an aluminum valve cover or a spacer. I think we have solved the problem for the time being but will have to do something a little more permanent down the road.

Josh
Old 03-21-2012, 07:58 PM   #136 (permalink)

Member # 32437
Ah. I was going to say if you need a stock aluminum 4.0 valve cover, i've got 3 or 4 sitting around. Did you switch to a different ratio rocker (or roller rockers)?
Old 03-22-2012, 12:58 PM   #137 (permalink)

Member # 8402
Quote:
i usually have air. i try to save it for the race to use the impact but if there is something you need air for i have 2 tanks.
My towrig has air, stop by if you need it. I don't have air tools though.

So can C classers use fiberglass fenders?
Inviscid Motorsports #9009
Thanks to; Ironman Offroad - Motorcity Machines - Branik Motorsports
michigander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 02:59 PM   #138 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 26577
Quote:
My towrig has air, stop by if you need it. I don't have air tools though.

So can C classers use fiberglass fenders?
old rules say no
new rules say yes but would bump almost every c class into b class due to inner fender rule
Old 03-22-2012, 03:56 PM   #139 (permalink)
Just some dude

Member # 128471
Quote:
...So can C classers use fiberglass fenders?...
Yes, under the new rules for 2012, C class can run fiberglass fenders. Also, the inner fender rule has not changed from last year. That was a mistake I made. YOU CAN run your shocks through the inner fenders just like you could last year.

Everyone who has built a rig to previous versions of TREC rules will be "grandfathered" in... I will not bump you a class if you are not exactly conforming to this years rules.

NETS, FIRESUITS, SAFETY EQUIPMENT, FIRE EXT, REFLECTIVE VESTS, BLAH BLAH BLAH.... YOU NEED THEM.

That being said... we dont have our fire suits yet...
Old 03-22-2012, 05:19 PM   #140 (permalink)
Just some dude

Member # 128471
*** UPDATE ***

Although TREC STRONGLY recommends the use of Fire suits in attempt to protect against injury, the rule regarding Fire suits will be waived for the first race of the season.

The "Big Jump" will not be part of the course for the first race of the season.
Old 03-22-2012, 05:39 PM   #141 (permalink)

Member # 17858
Quote:
Originally Posted by 78jeepstang View Post
Ah. I was going to say if you need a stock aluminum 4.0 valve cover, i've got 3 or 4 sitting around. Did you switch to a different ratio rocker (or roller rockers)?
ummmmm.... yes.....
Old 03-22-2012, 05:49 PM   #142 (permalink)

Member # 17858
Quote:
Yes, under the new rules for 2012, C class can run fiberglass fenders. Also, the inner fender rule has not changed from last year. That was a mistake I made. YOU CAN run your shocks through the inner fenders just like you could last year.

Everyone who has built a rig to previous versions of TREC rules will be "grandfathered" in... I will not bump you a class if you are not exactly conforming to this years rules.
Im a little confused. First the rules for c class werent going to change at all, then they changed a lot. Then they changed back to last years, and now they are a mix of both. From an earlier post (please dont make me find it Im not good at that) u said that no c class rules were going to change at all. So are some of them changing and some of them not? Are we adjusting them on the fly to get as many competitors as possible? Whats going on?

I just want to make sure I am legal. And i undertand the "grandfather" rule but dont really agree with it if there are significant changes in the rules because it could give an old competitor an advantage. I just want everything to be even across the board so we can all go out and race our a$$es off. But at the same time i dont agree with any rule changes in any class be officially posted a month before the first race of the new season. Any and all rule changes should be decided and implemented and discussed with in a months time of the end of a previous season to give us garage winter hibernators a fair shot at rebuilding our junk correctly and to the rules. Not to mention i would have bought fiberglass fenders, hood, etc just to lighten the front end up as much as possible rather than digging through junkyards and craigslist trying to find the factory body panels that were required up until a month ago when these rules were posted.

Dont really know where I was going with that. I just think everything needs to be a little more concrete to keep old competitors from leaving and continue bringing new competitors in so that this series grows the way we all want it to.

Just my 2 cents. And.... Cant wait to see everyone. planning on coming whether my junk is together or not.

Josh

Last edited by jdubbya21; 03-22-2012 at 05:55 PM.
jdubbya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 08:04 PM   #143 (permalink)
Just some dude

Member # 128471
OK GUYS... you all need to remember that I VOLUNTEER MY TIME to help you all and my friend Kyle. I AM DOING MY BEST. When I started this, I had a really cushy job making a lot more money then I should have been making for the amount of time I actually "worked". Now, I am working 7 days a week for weeks on end just to make half as much as before.

SO WHAT RIGHT??? WHAT DOES THIS HAVE TO DO WITH YOU ALL??? What I am saying is that my time for TREC is MINIMAL AT BEST! When I stayed up till the early hours of the morning writing the rules I FUCKED THEM UP FOR THE C CLASS. Not sure how many ways I can say this time and time again.

The rule (the way it is written in the most recent release) about not being able to cut the inner fenders was a mistake. So was the rule about not being able to make engine mods (in the most recent release). YOU CAN CUT YOUR INNER FENDERS TO ALLOW SHOCKS TO PASS THOUGH. YOU CAN ALSO DO INTERNAL ENGINE MODS. AND YES FOR THIS YEAR YOU ARE ALLOWED TO TRIM YOUR FENDERS TO ALLOW FOR CLEARANCE OR RUN AFTER MARKET FENDERS OF ANY MATERIAL.

For those who think I am not doing a good job or not dedicated enough hows this one... Next week, my wife and two kids are going on vacation to NC for spring break. Guess whos not going??? DING DING DING!!! ME. Why? Because I would have missed the first race of the season and no one would have been around to do tech FOR ALL OF YOU.

I dont know what else to tell you... If you guys can do a better job please by all means... go for it.
Old 03-22-2012, 08:27 PM   #144 (permalink)

Member # 183605
I think your doing a fine job. I don't see what the fuss is all about. Shit if It docent have coilovers or a big ass motor it's a c class. just go drive around the track as fast as you can and have fun
771indy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 05:02 AM   #145 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 85179
thanks for the help larry your doing the best you can and obviously nobody else wants to step up and do it
daryl
2012 KOH FINISHER
RROCK, WEROCK, TREC, ULTRA4,

4 Wheel Parts,PSC Motorsports, Branik INC, Warn, Procomp Tire & Wheel, Sway Away Shocks, PAC Racing
boggedsami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 05:11 AM   #146 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 26577
Quote:
OK GUYS... you all need to remember that I VOLUNTEER MY TIME to help you all and my friend Kyle. I AM DOING MY BEST. When I started this, I had a really cushy job making a lot more money then I should have been making for the amount of time I actually "worked". Now, I am working 7 days a week for weeks on end just to make half as much as before.

SO WHAT RIGHT??? WHAT DOES THIS HAVE TO DO WITH YOU ALL??? What I am saying is that my time for TREC is MINIMAL AT BEST! When I stayed up till the early hours of the morning writing the rules I FUCKED THEM UP FOR THE C CLASS. Not sure how many ways I can say this time and time again.

The rule (the way it is written in the most recent release) about not being able to cut the inner fenders was a mistake. So was the rule about not being able to make engine mods (in the most recent release). YOU CAN CUT YOUR INNER FENDERS TO ALLOW SHOCKS TO PASS THOUGH. YOU CAN ALSO DO INTERNAL ENGINE MODS. AND YES FOR THIS YEAR YOU ARE ALLOWED TO TRIM YOUR FENDERS TO ALLOW FOR CLEARANCE OR RUN AFTER MARKET FENDERS OF ANY MATERIAL.

For those who think I am not doing a good job or not dedicated enough hows this one... Next week, my wife and two kids are going on vacation to NC for spring break. Guess whos not going??? DING DING DING!!! ME. Why? Because I would have missed the first race of the season and no one would have been around to do tech FOR ALL OF YOU.

I dont know what else to tell you... If you guys can do a better job please by all means... go for it.

im going to bring boxing gloves so you and i can duke it out and the winner fights josh
Old 03-23-2012, 08:02 AM   #147 (permalink)

Member # 17858
Quote:
im going to bring boxing gloves so you and i can duke it out and the winner fights josh
Im a lover not a fighter....

Wasnt trying to ruffle any feathers. And that was in no way a shot at you Larry, or Kyle and Badlands. Ive been competing in some type of offroad racing since 2003. I know, as much as anyone, how valuable the volunteers are to the sport we all love and I thank you for that. Just trying to get some clarification and make some suggestions so that this is much easier on everyone in the future. We all want to see this series grow and keep it fair and safe at the same time (not to mention fun). Unfortunately being the lead tech official are some big shoes to fill, and I would be more than happy to help at the races or off the course in writing rules or anything else that you need assistance with. As long as I was not involved in the rules of the class i plan to race, i dont see an issue.

Last edited by jdubbya21; 03-23-2012 at 08:03 AM. Reason: spell check
jdubbya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 08:28 AM   #148 (permalink)
Playin with it

Member # 97574
Reflective vests...CRAP

I thought I was done buying stuff...at least for a little while.
Old 03-23-2012, 10:27 AM   #149 (permalink)

Member # 154998
Do we need reflective vest, I did not see them posted in the rules anywhere

this is what i got for safety

First Aid Kit
2 battery powered light RED per rules
1 triangle which can be substituted for a glow stick
seat belts 5 point
safety foam in fuel cell
brake lights
rear red lights LED
amber light also a blue light
working headlights
window nets
3 fire extinguisher
fire suit
neck brace
helmet

that what i got so far, unless someone can add to it on what i'm missing, let me know cause it crunch time.... thanks
Old 03-23-2012, 10:37 AM   #150 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 7903
Larry -

You are not getting out of out this easily.

Quote:
Do we need reflective vest, I did not see them posted in the rules anywhere
Probably an oversight, the reflective vests have been mandatory for both years we've raced.

And if they weren't required, what would Bryan wear to the bon fire after? (so... let's keep them...)