TREC March 31st Results - Page 2 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Competition and Event Info > Competitions and Events
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2012, 05:57 PM   #26 (permalink)

Member # 8402
best course yet
Inviscid Motorsports #9009
Thanks to; Ironman Offroad - Motorcity Machines - Branik Motorsports
michigander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 05:59 PM   #27 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 158451
It was a very good race...lots of fun. Loved the whoops down the access road. Loved the tight technical stuff. Best race ever for me.

I would love to see my two lap times. We seperated a cv shaft do to a bump failing. Rear wheel wasnt enough for sand bowl but other than the bowl we pre ran everthing on two wd.

Great job kyle
umbrobryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-01-2012, 06:29 PM   #28 (permalink)

Member # 32437
We had a great time in the B242 XJ....i'm absolutely surprised we finished at all, much less in 2nd place! Obviously it was majorly re-worked for this season....3 link & coilover front, along with 1-tons & the 36's off of my CJ. More so than something that can handle insanely fast, I wanted something that would hold up very well & be able to go wheeling on sunday...well....we did just that today

We didn't even pre-run the course or really do any testing, so we decided to really baby it the first lap. Once it seemed like everything was fine, we decided to push it a little harder. Still having the bogging out issue (as I am sure everyone saw / heard), but after working on it today I think I have it figured out. The bear has been that I can't reproduce it at home - only at the park - and its a 5.5 hour drive for me to go testing.

The only thing that broke was one of my lights - and I have the exact same lights on my tow rig, so I am just going to toss them on the Cherokee for now. Only things I have to do before the next race really are fix the bogging issue (fuel system), move stuff in the rear end around to give me more downtravel, and swap out springs on the front coilovers.
Old 04-01-2012, 06:38 PM   #29 (permalink)

Member # 183605
I did notice and appreciate all the time and engery Kyle and the guys had in building all those jumps. I think it was totally worth it they all felt good.
771indy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 06:47 PM   #30 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 13463
Great race ,thanks too all the volunteers and Badlands Staff
fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 07:04 PM   #31 (permalink)

Member # 154998
First I want to thanks to badlands and the staff top notch group at the park. We had a blast even if we got stuck in Mud. I will post video of our car later tonight or tomorrow.

To all who were following, We had a great day pre-running our crew chief fixed all the problems before hand; During race day though we got stuck in the creek in waist deep Mud and with only 2wd we never made it out. Co driver was awesome and help getting things done and moving (BTW we got stuck in mud because of driver error). Looking to race on the 28th of april again and do this all over again. We going to make adjustments to make sure we finish and maybe even in the top spots.....

might even try to do some engine adjustment.....
Old 04-01-2012, 08:09 PM   #32 (permalink)

Member # 189941
Cool video, looks like it was a good race and cool course!
Old 04-01-2012, 10:55 PM   #33 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 34058
Really liked the course know just to make it so my junk holds together for more then 2 laps. And thanks to fn magic motorsports for welding up my trac bar bracket

Last edited by black4x4; 04-01-2012 at 11:29 PM.
black4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 04:56 AM   #34 (permalink)
Gearhead

Member # 178594
First time racing with you guys. Had an awesome time. Great course. Finishing 2nd was a bonus considering this was suppose to be just a shake down run on the buggy since the changes this winter. Still got a lot of work to do on the new King shocks. Deffiantly learned a lesson, need more spares. Had to chang out to the 40s cause of two rear flats at the same time. All in all very well run race. We'll be back.

P.s. Joes last name is spelled Braun not brown.
Old 04-02-2012, 05:42 AM   #35 (permalink)
Playin with it

Member # 97574
That was fun!

Here are some pics I found online:

Rockcrawler.com - Facebook
Old 04-02-2012, 06:36 AM   #36 (permalink)

Member # 43325
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROXROES View Post
That was fun!

Here are some pics I found online:

Rockcrawler.com - Facebook
Those are great pictures!!! Thanks for taking them and sharing them!
Old 04-02-2012, 06:42 AM   #37 (permalink)
Playin with it

Member # 97574
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakebabe View Post
Those are great pictures!!! Thanks for taking them and sharing them!
I didn't take them, found Rockcrawler.com's link on the Badlands wall.
Old 04-02-2012, 08:27 AM   #38 (permalink)

Member # 154998
we should of stoped and found a new line...

once we got out

We got stuck again at the bottom of the hill after making three attemps. Thanks to the guys that help us get out of there. Cant remenber there shop name but good guys they left a jack at the top of the hill and we used it to dig ourselfs out.

Here is me doing the Walk of Shame
Old 04-02-2012, 09:28 AM   #39 (permalink)

Member # 43325
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROXROES View Post
I didn't take them, found Rockcrawler.com's link on the Badlands wall.
I guessed that, but I didn't know if whoever posted them was watching this tread
Old 04-02-2012, 11:23 AM   #40 (permalink)

Member # 154998
Im not a video editor never claim to be just thought you guys would like to see and hear our story

http://youtu.be/8osRycu8dJE

Race report

We had a blast at Badlands off road pak. I made a few mistakes and dealt with the consequences. This was the first race out here in the east coast and underestimated the terrain. Our goal was to finish laps keep the truck together and find what upgrades we needed, if any, on the truck. We showed up on Friday night and went out for after hours testing and found that the truck had a terrible shacking; we tracked it down to an upper control arm being loose. Our crew Chief (Robert ) found the problems and got right in there and started working. During our pre run we knew that we would encounter a problem with the main hill. We could not find enough room to carry speed up it. So we looked at an alternate route so we would not be in the way of the race course. We planed but never really put much thought to it. We payee for it on Sat…

Sat Race day
We prepped the car and did all the small stuff, checked to make sure everything was good to go and we were off to the start line. Our plan was never to be upfront and try to fight with everyone off the start. We knew that we had to get passed the hill first, so we took it slow and let everyone pass. We came to the hill and took the alternate line and went at it we made ¾ of the way up and then that was all. We went from trying to making it worse. At one point another team was there with a broken driveshaft and had problems winchen so we help them out. They turn around and help but we were so stuck the we told them to just go and finish. Kyle went over pulled us out and we continued the race. At that point we continued to race and we flew threw the second part of the race track. Before the sand bowl we came down and started to try and carry some speed and almost made up when we lost moment at the top of the hill we tried to 3x and then the truck found a rut (me) and got stuck again. We found a jack at the top and started to dig the truck out but it was in there good. Another team helped us get the truck out and we packed it up for the night. It was a great time and enjoyed every minute of it. We will be back out next time to finish….
We had a great crew and from pit to family, this would not be possible without them. Thanks to all our sponsors that helped us get out there and race; Yukon gear and Axle who gave us great parts and had no issues with our axle, General tire for no flats, twisted Stitch for the great seats and Sgt grit for their sponsorship. Special thanks to max at moab offroad and crew who helped us out the day before the race, and the guys who helped us out of the jam we were in.
Old 04-02-2012, 07:10 PM   #41 (permalink)

Member # 159920
hey ctec4rxj, I also have one of the few 2wds that run in TREC and I found that it is best to use a mud tire in the rear and also run low air pressure ( around 10 to 15 psi) in the rear too. I run some old brigestone mts or bfg km 2 mt tires and they work pretty good. Don't feel bad about getting stuck where you did, I think that is the same area that I got stuck (and over heated and pulled the front tire off the bead) in my first race but we were going the reverse direction from that.
il. prerunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 08:13 PM   #42 (permalink)

Member # 32437
Cleaned up the XJ tonight & started making the list of things to fix. Turns out the rear was riding like crap because both rear shocks are either a) broken or b) set up with extra-hard valving. Going to tear in to them this week to figure out whats up....may have to get creative for the next race!
Old 04-03-2012, 02:04 AM   #43 (permalink)

Member # 154998
il prerunner thanks man, I'm not bummed out, Still going next time to go. So I'm planing on converting the jeep to 4wd. need to find a new housing to fab it up then slap it on. I don't think its going to happen before the next race though.
Old 04-03-2012, 04:30 AM   #44 (permalink)
Just some dude

Member # 128471
Quote:
Originally Posted by il. prerunner View Post
hey ctec4rxj, I also have one of the few 2wds that run in TREC and I found that it is best to use a mud tire in the rear and also run low air pressure ( around 10 to 15 psi) in the rear too. I run some old brigestone mts or bfg km 2 mt tires and they work pretty good. Don't feel bad about getting stuck where you did, I think that is the same area that I got stuck (and over heated and pulled the front tire off the bead) in my first race but we were going the reverse direction from that.
Did you make it UP that hill in 2wd?? I'm impressed! I dont remember that... When are we gonna see you guys again for a race?
Old 04-03-2012, 06:22 AM   #45 (permalink)

Member # 159920
just watched the video over and i was thinking a different hill along the creek. This hill was more by the rock quary it looks like? I got stuck with Dan in the Eagle over on the other end of the park I think. The steep hill top reminded me of the other hill. 2wd is hard to do at the races and there are many times I have wanted to convert the truck to 4wd. I cant think of any 2wds that have not gotten stuck at some point at the park.
il. prerunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 10:06 AM   #46 (permalink)

Member # 8402
First lap
https://vimeo.com/39695953

Second lap, until we clip a branch (but we made the pass!)
https://vimeo.com/39661342

Sorry for the mud... but it was unavoidable

Inviscid Motorsports had a good race. We were running in 3rd for the first 90 minutes or so, and then the buggy just stalled and wouldn't restart. We sat on the side of the trail for almost 20 minutes (cars passed us twice), then the buggy decided to run again. We were on a mission the last 2 laps after it fired up again, but couldn't make up any ground. We ended up 5th out of 12.

My 200hp just can't catch Colville or Rosco when I get too far behind.

I'm still looking in to what made it stall, At this point I think the dist got wet, or the air filter was so packed with wet mud, it starved the engine. The mud dried out, and could flow air again.
Inviscid Motorsports #9009
Thanks to; Ironman Offroad - Motorcity Machines - Branik Motorsports
michigander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 05:54 PM   #47 (permalink)

Member # 183605
I was wondering were that explore came from. I thought he must have a hell of a motor. Looks like he just to the short cut across the middle. Good times
771indy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 07:34 PM   #48 (permalink)

Member # 171180
race lap times

I was wondering if anyone knew if there is lap times some where?
Old 04-04-2012, 03:21 AM   #49 (permalink)

Member # 17858
Send a message via AIM to jdubbya21 Send a message via Yahoo to jdubbya21 Send a message via Skype™ to jdubbya21
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidMugrage View Post
I was wondering if anyone knew if there is lap times some where?
I second that motion.
Old 04-04-2012, 05:09 AM   #50 (permalink)

Member # 43325
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdubbya21 View Post
I second that motion.
Bill told me they'd be posted today or tomorrow?

Nice seeing you again Josh!